Friday, April 18, 2014

National Park Support

It was a sort of spur of the moment, but with a little bit of planning sort of thing.
Mostly based on a bunch of 'what ifs' and 'how long it takes.'

The idea came to me after seeing a commercial for Disney Nature's new movie Bears.
I actually had no intention of seeing it.
But then, the voice guy mentioned that if you go see the movie opening week, Disney would make  a donation to help support our National Parks.

Suddenly, I was all ears.
I can help support National Parks?!?!?
SWEET!
I love those places! :D

So then and there I was like "I need to go see this movie!"

But...I had other things I needed to do first today.
Namely, go check out the new building on Campus. (Amazing. Almost made me want to go back to school...til I remembered I don't exercise, and this new building is full of such equipment.)
And go shopping. Because seriously. I need food! (Snack food of course. ;) The staples of life. lol)

I also had work.
So I had a narrow timeline. If I could get my two 'errands' done before the movie start time (a specific start time.) I would go.

Well....I was able to go! Surprise!
Usually things don't go to plan for me. But this time...I was able to complete everything! Crazy.

And so I went to go see Bears!

...by myself. 
yah, rather crazy I know. I knew it was crazy too. Go to a movie by yourself? Who does that?
Me. On occasion. Especially when it's a crazy idea of "I want to support my national parks!"
Plus, I wasn't in the mood to invite anyone......(sorry people who could have come. :( )

But...I still didn't want to be by myself.
So I decided that I would just pick a seat next to a group of other seats. That way, I wasn't by myself yet I was still by myself!

Note to self....Only do this in a really full theatre.
:S
In hindsight. I guess it's rather creepy to have a random person sit next to you when there is like a whole empty theatre to pick seats from. (it wasn't totally empty. but it was less than half full.) I would have been creeped out if I was in the other groups situation. :(
Really, I wasn't thinking of that factor. I was thinking the whole. "Not appear to be by myself by myself." thing.
Yah, didn't work. The group (a father and two kids -the hazards of picking who you're sitting by, blind.) moved a seat down. (who could blame them, random stranger sitting next to your kids?....strike for me on the random seat picking side of things.)
So I was still left sitting by myself. :( Boooo
Ah well, lol my plans can only go so far 'to plan' after all. :)

I had a good time at the movie. :) it was cute, even had your heart pounding at a couple of places. ^^ And definitely contained a treat of being able to see the Alaskan countryside again. I love the scenery up there! Yep. Fun times at the movies ^^ Supporting my parks. :)

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.

Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi
 

No comments:

Post a Comment