Friday, February 13, 2015

A Day in Review - February 13th

Monday, February 13th, 2006

-This night I gathered a bunch of shiny stones and put some Valentine themed stickers on them to give out to my friends the next day for Valentines Day.

Friday, February 13th, 2009

-It's the first of three Friday the 13ths we'll be having this year. (funny, 2015 also has 3 Friday the 13ths.) Considering it's a rather unlucky day, my day went well enough, I had my day of classes: ASL, Anthropology, English, History, and Institute Devotional. Then my parents picked me up from my apartment and we drove down to Moab -bringing our dogs Sadie and Pepper along with us. (that never happens...so it must have been the one time we went to Corona Arch, as that hike allows dogs. -journal entry for the 14th shows me I was right. :)-) And we watched a ghost show and ate pizza...though since I don't like the red sauce on pizza I just had breadsticks instead.

Saturday, February 13th, 2010

-I went to the Temple with my sister today, and I ran into a girl I knew from High School there. Afterwards I went with my Dad to go look at coins and ended up getting a couple, before I did homework, shopped for food and watched Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs with my siblings. Then Kikay and I took Valentine's around our neighborhood leaving them on cars. Which was a ton of fun. :)
-Only it ended up freaking out the neighbors. We found out later that there had been some creepy guy doing something similar, leaving notes and such, and they were worried he'd returned. >.< Leave it to some creepy person to ruin the fun of giving....

Sunday, February 13th, 2011

- I went to church and munch and mingle afterwards today. Dan ended up coming over for the evening and we watched videos before going to Ward Prayer. My highschool friends found out that I had a boyfriend, and they were excited, going all out and Facebook stalking him like crazy to see if they approved. lol.

Monday, February 13th, 2012

-It was an early morning for me (7am meetings...oh so early. *rolls eyes* lol. Compared to waking up after 5am....oh the changes.) because I had the usual Monday morning meeting with the institute council. It was my group -Publicity's- turn to provide the breakfast afterwards. We did muffins, grapes, and bananas. It appeared to be a hit as all the food disappeared. Though I came back later after doing some publicity errands and discovered that no one had put away the chairs we'd been using earlier and that I mostly set up. So I worked to put them back in their spots -thankfully some of my council members saw and helped out as well- I had school, and afterwards I was feeling my self confidence levels fade, because of how my ASL classes went, plus thanks to my annoying evening class, I missed a talent show my ward put on so I couldn't watch my sister showing off her Fencing Skills. >.<

Wednesday, February 13th, 2013

-"I'm so tired, even though I only ventured outside once to go food shopping with Kikay and spent the whole day reading A Memory of Light -The final book in the Wheel of Time series by Robert Jordan- I'm tired. 900 pages will do that to you. 900 pages of constant fighting will do that. So much death and destruction in this book. I think I've grown numb from reading all of it. So crazy! I can't really put it into words. The book was good. It ended well. Even though I want more, I took the deaths of my favorite characters well....enough. Perhaps its because I know I a different time they will be born again because that's what happens in the Wheel of Time. :) The wheel keeps turning, old becomes new again. :)"

Thursday, February 13th, 2014

-"Work was tiring today. I was by myself until noon so I had to multitask things. I wasn't feeling 'speedy' today so I didn't get things done as quickly. Oh well. Came home, took a nap, oh and dropped by Barnes and Noble, but didn't get anything. And yah...hung out."

Friday, February 13th, 2015

- Work was rather stressful for me today, not due to opening which went great. I had my department up and running by 9 with the exception of our Fish shipment because that hadn't yet arrived, but we got that done within the next hour. It wasn't even due to customers, as I didn't have to help many of them, as not many had come in needing help. It was stressful, because my fellow opener was making it stressful. It seemed like every little thing I said he tried to make a conflict out of it.
He sneezed and I said "Bless you." And he took offense to that, I mention that I like baby fish, and he tried to make a conflict out of that. I told him to be careful with the fish we don't want to kill them (as he wasn't being gentle with the betta fish.) and he asked "So we can't kill fish to eat them?" And I was like "No, you can kill fish to eat them, but these are fish to be pets, we don't kill them." (why is it all or nothing with him?! Honestly. There are difference between when it is good to kill and when it's not!)  When I told him I was going on break he conflicted me on that as well! Agh! Basically he was doing a really good job of getting on my bad side. Honestly. GAHAAAHAHAGH!!! I basically spent my whole 8 hour shift working to have as little interaction with him as possible after we got the new fish out into their tanks. I worked on our product shipment, helping the stockers to put that stuff away, and thankfully, one of the manager's decided to have my coworker train on the Ipad we now use in stores to help customers find products they're looking for, and that 15 minute training took him like...an hour and a half to do. (How I have no idea.) But I was just thankful that he remained out of my hair for that time period. Seriously, a blessing. Irritating in that it took him forever, but a blessing, as there weren't many customers to help in that time period.  Thankfully I was able to go home from work soon afterwards, and I'm super glad that this was my only shift of the week where I had to spend any amount of time working with him, because seriously...he got on my nerves. >.< And considering how easy going I am...that's a big deal . You can see how far he's pushed my buttons from that alone. Grrrr. >.<
The emotional/mental stress of that had me taking a nap as soon as I got off work because the whole thing exhausted me.

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment