Thursday, February 19, 2015

Visualizing The Finish

Several years ago, my husband and I qualified to run the Boston Marathon.
The night before the marathon, in an effort to visualize what it would be like to complete the race, we went to downtown Boston about a mile from the finish line.
There in the quiet of the evening we laced up our running shoes and ran that last mile to the finish.
As we crossed the line we held our hands victoriously high in the air and pretended that we had won the race!
We imagined thousands of observers in the stands cheering for us.
The next day we ran the race.
Twenty-six point two miles (41.3 km) is a challenging distance.
There are hills that are called "Heartbreak" for a very good reason.
The entire time I was running those hills, I kept in mind that finish line and what it had felt like the night before to cross the line victorious.
That vision of the finish line helped me to finish that marathon in a pelting, cold New England storm.

Elaine S. Dalton -Press Forward and Be Steadfast -April 2003 General YW Conference

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment