Wednesday, February 4, 2015

A Day In Review - February 4th

Saturday, February 4th, 2006

-Today was my first time driving a car. It was a pretty good experience for me, even though my dad freaked me out everytime he grabbed the wheel to stop us from crashing. Luckily I stepped on the brake or we have crashed for sure. I only drove for about 15 minutes in my dad's truck, but already I knew I needed more practice as I would end up focusing on things that I shouldn't -like a cat crossing the road- instead of driving and noticing other people on the road. I also had the tendency to move over to the right whenever a car would approach me from the opposite direction. Apparently I didn't want any chance whatsoever of being hit. I figured I'd try a different car the next time, but I found the first experience very exhilarating. I couldn't keep the smile off my face being behind the wheel.

First Week of February 2008

- I was asked out on a double date with Tayclu with his friend Branmar. I said yes, we went to dinner at applebees and watched The Three Musketeers at Branmar's date's place. I had a great time. :)

Wednesday, February 4th, 2009

- Through a series of events most of my college classes ended up getting canceled today. My first class was ASL and the teacher was taking two days to do tests and I'd already the test the first day (Monday) so I didn't have to come in today. Then my Anthropology classed was cancelled, I only found out when I arrived at the room. I didn't have an English class today, instead I was to meet up with my English Teacher in his office at 10:20 (easiest English class ever...we only met like..once a week it seemed like, the rest of the time it kept getting cancelled.) because he wanted to meet with the students one on one about their research projects. (I hate research projects, when I'm not given direction on what to research.) Then my history class was cancelled because the teacher's leg wasn't healing properly from her cat bite...so she had to go into surgery and will be out the rest of the week. O.o. So I ended up going to the language lab to do some ASL homework (and slipped on ice myself hurting my ankle again.) I met up with my roommate Ali a couple of times before my English meeting, afterwards for lunch and again about dinner time. I got a card in the mail from AT and UB today wishing me a Happy Valentine's Day. ^^ Then in the evening I caught a ride with Ali and Brad as they went to Institute so that I could go see the play NOSFERATU which is based off an old black and white movie about a vampire. It was a totally awesome play! They had the stage set up like an actual movie production so that we could see how they created all the scenes. They had the scenes below, then the cameras actually working to show you on a screen above what was actually being filmed. It was awesome to watch! I totally want to watch it again. (I still do...haven't yet, but still do.) I loved it. ^^ I met up with Ali and Brad afterwards and we dropped by Walmart for food shopping before going back to our apartment.

Thursday, February 4th, 2010

-I slept with my window open last night to cool me down and I woke up feeling much better. I think I may have the same thing as my brother where if I get too hot...I wake up. ( he ends up sleep walking.) I went to my Institute classes and ended up playing "Now Let Us Rejoice" for the first two classes. I also got a cookie, and once I got home I cleaned a bit of my room without being prompted. (call me crazy...I never do that. O.o) I went back to the school later on to watch 'Koyaanusagati' I think is how it's spelt for my sociology class. It was a mesmerizing movie lots of passing traffic and passage of time sort of scenarios. Also wrote a letter to my cousin Justin who was serving a mission in California at the time.

Friday, February 4th, 2011

-It wasn't a good school day for me, as I had to wake up early to do homework I'd forgotten to do, I had to take an Anatomy quiz and pay the testing center $3 to do so. (first time I had to take it on the late day) and found out that I had forgotten another assignment due as well. I met up with friends for the Friday Devotional before doing Publicity stuff and more school. At 7pm Dan picked me up for a date...only he'd left his car at a restaurant he'd eaten at earlier in the day with family and forgotten that he'd left it there until we were walking out to the parking lot to find his car. So we ended up walking up to the place (it was a mile or so up the road) before we went to Comedy Sportz which I thoroughly enjoyed. It's an improv show and was entertaining. :) We returned to his apartment to watch Gattaca. O.o interesting movie. And Dan and I finally established that we were dating which has me halfway excited and halfway panicking...

Saturday, February 4th, 2012

-I was woken up when my dad's friend Brian came over to go out to lunch with my dad. My Mom, Kikay and I ended up going to Michael's to pick out some fabric and thread that my mom needed to complete a cross stitch picture of Kandi and Biscuit (AT & UB's puppydogs) I did homework and worked on the Forest Story with my friend Jessva before Tercol came to pick me up for a date. We went and saw the play Noises Off. It actually was a really good play, entertaining and funny. :)

Monday, February 4th, 2013

- I went and saw the Movie Warm Bodies with my roommate Kahla. It was a good movie, not something I need to obsess over like Rise of the Guardians, but definitely an enjoyable movie. :) I read and wrote for most of the day before going Rock Climbing at The Quarry for FHE with our ward. Kikay and I survived belaying for each other and we had a ton of fun! :) We went with Kahla to Kneaders afterwards and I had to go to bed early this night for a 4 am wake up call. :S (not fun -meant that this was a time when shifts would start at 5 am in my department.)

Tuesday, February 4th, 2014

- I met a new coworker today at work. A stocker by the name of Tanner. (interesting note is that his last day was like a couple of weeks ago...he could have been here a year had he waited just a little longer...) I didn't get a chance to talk much with him as I was busy doing my own morning tasks. Later in the day I had a chance to talk to an old coworker Bri when she came in to grab food for her own animals. I spent a lot of the day reorganizing our freezer that holds frozen food for fish and snakes so that it was set to the picture plan they wanted it to be. I had an institute class, which I loved, and our ceiling in our apt nearly collapsed on us this night. Not really. But the people were having such a raucous dance party that the ceiling was literally moving up and down. :S scary!!

Wednesday, February 4th, 2015

-I came into work only an hour before our store opened, with my fellow opener only coming in half an hour before me, which needless to say....did not give us much time at all to get everything done that needed to be done before the store opened. It took me 2ish hours just to clean the cages and another half an hour or so for my coworker to put back everything that goes into the cage. And then...she left too soon having a short shift, leaving me by myself to try and complete other tasks...which became harder as there was a lunch rush of customers that kept me from finishing the last few tasks until right before my shift ended. :S So busy! Afterwards I met up with Jessva in college town for dinner which was wonderful. ^^ I love it when my friends visit me instead of me visiting them. It makes for a nice change. :)

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

The Dream

I was at a party, held in a friend's big backyard. It seemed like a party that was a cross of Relief Society and Popular girls. With one 'queen bee' lamenting the fact that she hadn't been asked to design this particular party (because her party designs create the most boring of atmospheres.) while another had done such a good job. It seemed to be a cordial affair, with young men there as well. There were odd statues, basically of precariously stacked dishes of different colors, I happened to notice that a group of the guys were playing with a football, and I saw that they had the intention to throw it at one of the piles of dishes to destroy the statue, so I moved quickly to that statue reaching up for the top dish to keep them from throwing it. Which worked, only....I ended up toppling the statue myself, sending dishes to shatter to the ground along with various food as well. I quickly dropped to pick them up, while the head boy somehow got on my nerves from his words. I basically snapped and threw the whole mess at him, including my shoes which he had managed to break both of them. People stared at me in askance at how over the top I was being, and warned me that this would ruin their view of me, and strain relationships, but I was too far gone in anger and frustration to care. The boy was singularly unimpressed as my attempts to hit him and slap him with the shoes were feeble at best, so I threw them at him and stalked off...


to have the unholy tones of daylight pull me away....
and I became myself again. :)

-S.N.D

No comments:

Post a Comment