Tuesday, February 17, 2015

A Day In Review -February 17th

Friday, February 17th 2006

-My Aunt and her oldest daughter came from Florida to visit, and we went to see the Wizard of Oz being performed at my High School. It was great and I loved it a bunch! Very well done.

Tuesday, February 17th 2009

-Had a cool experience in my Philosophy class this day where the Teacher was picking out two random papers to read and I totally predicted the names she would pick! John and Sheila. Totally crazy. After school I worked on cleaning my room and went to the bishoprics where I was called to serve on the Activities Committee.

Wednesday, February 17th 2010

-Today was a U sort of day for me. In that it started out alright, got worse, and then got better by the end. My classes started out well. Communications was halfway interesting, Sociology was awesome because my friend Kristen brought the teacher one of those ancient brick phones so he can answer it randomly when the cell phones go off in class. Business was a bore, and at lunch I found out that my apartment had failed our cleaning checks, neccesating a recheck next week. Which was irritating because I would have to keep my room all sparkling clean for that long and I didn't want to. I was really annoyed at my roommate Shelbie because she's never home, and didn't do her portion of the cleaning checks well enough. (I actually think I tried to do some of her tasks to save us which is probably why I was so irritated) and so that was why we failed.  I came home and took a nap to remedy my mood which did help a little bit, but ASL went well after the teacher stopped stressing us out about Tests we played roleplaying for Interpreting which was actually quite funny. I came home and watched the Olympics, and saw Lindsay Vaunn and Shawn White win Gold for the USA! Yay!

Thursday, February 17th 2011

-I walked to school today and learned new dance steps in my dance class. I ended up getting stepped on a few times by the guys...had Institute and met up with Dan for lunch. We had huge foot long hotdogs that the institute was offering for their Thursday lunch bunch. Don't think I'll get them again. After a while I went and took an Anatomy Quiz and took the Shuttle to and from the testing center and was picked up by Kikay up at the AB building so we could pick up some ink for our printer before we met up with our Writer's group. There was a relief society social, and afterwards hung out with Dan and his friend Chris -who dated Kikay a couple of times- and we ended up playing a couple of games after eating Chili.

Friday, February 17th 2012

-I didn't have much fun in school today because I'd found out I'd failed my Certification test and I disliked that some of my ASL teachers weren't as sympathetic about my "Failed Certification Status". I didn't want to be told that I should go take the Mock Test. (Why take a mock test?! It doesn't even help with anything when your peers are the ones who have to judge it and see if it went well or not.) I was able to cheer up a bit in a different ASL class because we got to Juggle! I also go tot show off because I was better than the teacher... ^^;; But I also got to help teach the other students as well, and I really liked that. The teacher in this class was more sympathetic when he heard I hadn't passed and he took me into his office and gave me a pep talk telling me that I wasn't a horrible person/interpreter and that he'd failed the test as well the first time and that he should have gone over what the testers were looking for before I went to take the test. Definitely more of what I needed to hear and it helped me feel better about myself which I really needed.
I did some Publicity stuff, and couldn't understand why my Cochairs had missed me last week when I'd been unable to make it as they had everything in good control when I got there. I think they were just not used to being in charge....
After I got home from school my Roommate Kahla made us Chicken Parmesan and Alfredo for Dinner. So good! Then Kikay and I went to the Floofies music concert thing at their High School. ^^ I liked it. Twas good.

Sunday, February 17th 2013

-Work went well enough this morning considering that it was a Sunday. >.< (boo hate working sundays.) I opened the entire department by myself as my coworker didn't come in until 11. I couldn't take a long nap like I wanted to when I got home though as I was again called by the Bishopric to meet with them and they gave me a second calling as Ward Missionary. I have no idea what that intels, but I'm glad that I wasn't called to speak in church! Though I do have to wonder why I got a second calling when others in the ward don't have any at all. (They probably forgot I had one already.) Had Church, then went to the Floofies afterwards to make cookies, and still so exhausted.

Monday, February 17th 2014

-Got a bit annoyed at work because my manager was being a bit over controlling again on how we're supposed to be doing things. Apparently when feeding the fish we're now supposed to feeding the bloodworms first instead of last. It makes sense as they're the higher protein so the fish that need it will eat more of it than if they'd stuffed themselves on flakes first, but still annoying to have to switch things up. At least my manager complimented me on how well I did the Bird Cages this morning. Yay :) I came home and took a nap and did a bit of writing/plotting.

Tuesday, February 17th 2015

-It was a bit weird at work today because I had a short shift, only 5 hours. I hardly ever get those, like...it's been a year I feel like since I've had a shift this short. Leaving work at 11 (with the department opened haha!) felt a lot like I was cutting out early. :S I should have stayed longer! Lol, though I wasn't scheduled past then. So weird. *shakes head* I dropped by the mall to grab myself some Taco Bell to get some 'red meat' into my system as I'd been suffering from some tense muscles and Kikay suggested that maybe I needed some more red meat there. I also dropped by See's Candies and got my parents some chocolates -the people there gave me samples to try! It was Awesome! Though I felt like I was totally stealing too. :S At least I bought chocolates so I didn't feel as guilty. :) I drove back up to my Hometown and ended up getting a nice dosage of TV (and a nap) for a few hours (I don't have a TV currently at my apt.) before I cleaned up the house for my parents and left them their chocolates on the bed before I went to the Dentist to get three cavities filled. >.< Bleh, they need to invent better ways to fix teeth than numbing and drilling. My mouth always aches afterwards. This time my whole upper lip was numbed soo that made for some interesting talking, though it was a bit easier than having the bottom lip numb. I dropped by back home to chat with Mom, and Dad for a bit when he got home from work. I meant to only stay for a little bit as I had an institute class to get to, but everytime I thought I should leave, I ended up continuing to talk and talk and talk and....missed my institute class. Lol. Oh well...I'm guessing there was a specific reason why I ended up not making it this time. Probably avoided a crash on the drive back home by coming later. So I'm not too shook up about missing it. :) I ended up at Barnes and Noble for a bit and actually bought myself a book! As I opened one up to see how it read and...100 pages into it later, I decided I better just buy it and take it home as the store would be closing soon anyways.... It's called When by Victoria Laurie. Kinda different from my usual taste in books, but I'm captivated by it. :) Now to get back to reading!!

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment