Sunday, February 8, 2015

Sugar Cookie Misplaced

Do you ever have those moments where you look back and wonder if they really happened?

I've been wondering that these past few days.
As you see, earlier in the week, I had an early shift.
Super early before the sun was up work.

And as I was heading out, I opened up the door to my apartment....
And there on the steps was a pile of four plates.
Each with one frosted sugar cookie heart on it.
I know because I picked up the plates and set them on the table, spreading each one out.
I remember that one even had a bunch of extra candy on it. like a bunch of skittles,
though I was in too much of a hurry to do more than glance at them.
After all...work doesn't wait for one to ogle sugar cookies.

I figured that someone had left them for us. Me and my roommates, so we'd each get one cookie...

Only when I got home...
All the plates were gone.
There was no sign whatsoever that there had been any cookies there at all.
O.O

Totally vanished.

Which made me question....
Had I actually experienced this in real life?
Or had I dreamt it up? (Really super doubtful. this.)
Yet, there was no sign.
I even asked one of my roommates and she'd had no idea that they were there.
>.> Which leaves two roommates as the takers of all four cookies.
But I have to wonder why....
Why did they take all Four?
Surely they realized that they were for each roommate?
Did they toss them? For fear they'd been poisoned?
Did they take them for themselves?
Was there a note I'd missed specifically saying they were a certain roommate?

I have no idea. I thought it was for all of us.
But one of us decided against that. :(

I hope those Sugar Cookies found their way into the mouths of hungry people...
and not to the cold loneliness of a dumpster.

Because that would be super depressing... :(

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment