Wednesday, June 10, 2015

A Day In Review - June 10th

Saturday, June 10th 2006

-My family drove up to Oregon for the week, along with my grandparents, my Uncle Ken and my Dad's friend Craig. We stayed at a hotel near the Oregon border. 

 Sunday, June 10th 2007

-I'm getting ready to pack up for girls camp this week, so I had to come find this journal (I haven't written for 6 months) buried under my bed. In any case, earlier in the day I was in Moab, we took the Firey Furnace tour in Arches National Park for the first time. Us kids had never been in there before. It's so amazing. Wish I had a chance to explore it more, though it's a maze there, you can easily get lost. After the tour we drove home and now we're back at the beginning with me finding you and packing for girl's camp. But first....Over the winter/spring I've been feeding and taming some kittens from across the street. I don't remember if I've mentioned this before...At first there were 8 kittens, two batches of 4 about 2-3 months apart in the first litter were 2 orange tabbys, a grey tabby and a grey calico type kitty. In the second younger litter there were two black kittens, one orange tabby, and a grey tabby. Right off the bat one of the older orange kittens disappeared, but Kikay and I named the other 7. Sun, Sasha, Moon, Trink(et), Charm, Chime, and Dove. As the days/weeks/months passed, Sun disappeared and then Sasha, Trink and Moon were next, then Charm, Now I'm down to Dove and Chime. A few weeks ago they had their first litter of kittens though I think they all died because I haven't seen them. :( Today, I've seen Dove, but not Chime...chime is such a scaredy cat. I hope all the kittens that disappeared found homes, because I don't want them to be dead. :( It's too painful to think about. (Dove is still alive today, :) never saw any of the others again.)

Wednesday, June 10th 2009

-Today I woke up about 10am today, and made myself eggs for breakfast. Then UB and I went to the Base he works at to drop off some paperwork and to climb a climbing boulder they have there for training. (We were in Colorado to visit them for vacation) It was only like 10-12 feet tall, I climbed it in like 3 seconds lol. UB also climbed a little as well. ^^ We then picked up some rocks for UB to use to make a circle of stones with at home. Super heavy rocks. :S We then drove to Dick's Sporting Goods to climb the rockwall there, but they had closed it down because of the economy. Y_Y Awwww. We instead went to Subway and to Walmart. Found a plant there called Angel Hair that's really soft. (I'd come straight from Virginia to Colorado) When AT got home she worked on making Chili for dinner while we waited for my family (who were coming over as well.) Our dogs Sadie and Pepper came along as well. Once we were all reunited we exchanged gifts ^^ So much awesome given to each other. ^^

Thursday, June 10th 2010

-Woke up around 7am to give Kikay and Meralto a  ride to the Stake Center because they're going on Trek. It was raining hard. I hope the weather cleared up for them. I hung around the house and did chores. When mom came home we went out to get my hair cut because it was too long for me. We went to the D.I. to drop off stuff, hung out some more and watched Moonlight with Mom and now I'm staying up late to make sure Cousin Kellie arrives safely as she's driving all night to get here.

Friday, June 10th 2011

-We hiked to Dark Angel in Arches National Park today. It was slightly odd to have so many people on the trail, even the primitive loop had more people than normal. Maybe it was because we rarely go to Arches in June, but I didn't like not being "the only ones" on the primitive loop. So many people. We ended up taking our time going to Dark Angel and booked it out of the park afterwards to eat dinner at Zac's before ending up at the hotel where I went over general conference talks looking for 'one-liners' that the institute could use for banners this fall.

Sunday, June 10th 2012

-We drove home today from Elko after having a small breakfast, and Kikay came up earlier than expected after going to the Lovell's mission farewells. Seems like the whole family is going on missions. It was good to have Kikay around again, her energy is always good to be around. ^^

Monday, June 10th 2013

-I went to Institute and actually got to stay in class the entire time. I always feel bad when I have to leave early or show up late for class due to work. Afterwards I realized that Brother Mon's office had moved so I went to find it. He'd just bought a rug for his office and was deciding that he didn't like it. loll I dropped by Kikay's to get a movie maker program, ended up not working right. :( Also went to Walmart to get some much needed food before returning to hang out and blogging. I also finally got around to hanging up my giant fan that UB/AT gave to me. I'm glad it's hanging up now and not the cow that was there before. (a homemade cow project an old roommate had hung up and wouldn't let us take down) It's a much better conversation starter.

Tuesday, June 10th 2014

-Work went pretty good today, for the first time in forever I actually had a second opener to help me with the morning tasks. Strangely enough...we had 3 people scheduled at once for about an hour so I was able to prep the bedding for tomorrow's bedding change to help make it easier on the coworker tomorrow since I don't work. I did a lil food shopping at the new Walmart before coming home, taking a snort nap before retuning back to Institute. We had a good lesson today about the Fall and I gave the closing prayer. I felt pretty good afterwards so I dropped by Barnes and Noble for a bit, but the 'good feelings' kinda faded once I got home. :( My roommate's presence has been rather dour recently making it difficult to stay cheerful which makes it easy to start worrying and feeling lonely again.

Wednesday, June 10th 2015

- I had work again this morning, and I chose to do the Bedding change -the Hamsters- today as it's my favorite one to do. And my fellow opener had closed the night before, so I gave her the easier tasks. We got everything opened rather quickly, which is both good and bad. Good as we don't have to stress about finishing tasks, bad...because it was a slow day at work, so I was left a bit twiddling my thumbs looking for things to do. After work I went to the mall, to go to a jewelry repair place that I knew of there to finally fix my necklace that I'd broken while in Moab. The guy there was really personable, friendly, and complimentary. He made the visit worthwhile and FIXED MY NECKLACE! Yes! ^^ It's now happily back around my neck, all shiny and polished. He even polished the ring I was wearing for no extra charge. ^^ So sweet of him, next time I have jewelry problems I'm totally returning. I dropped by Taco Bell for food, and came home to take a short nap before I went to Institute. Dropped by Barnes and Noble afterwards before returning home. :)

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

The Dream

I wanted to dye my hair. Dye it purple, but the woman I was seeing to do so, kept mishearing me. So I ended up with Black/Blonde/Purple hair. Everyone seemed to like it, but I was quietly freaking out that work would fire me for the colors....

Then the unholy tones of daylight pulled me away....
and I became myself again. :)

-S.N.D

No comments:

Post a Comment