Sunday, June 28, 2015

Avoiding the Heat Wave

Ah, the changing of the seasons.
It brings out the pricey changes of other things too.
Where things just break.
And they have to be fixed.
Otherwise you're going to suffer that season without it.

This summer....
It was my car.

There I was, driving home for Father's Day.
And out of nowhere, my cold air disappeared.
Leaving me with lukewarm air blowing on me.

And since it was Sunday....there was nothing to be done to fix it.
Plus...I kinda had to have a vehicle for work.
So.
I spent the week driving as minimally as possible to avoid dying of heat in my ac-less car.
But I survived.
Until the weekend,
That I actually had off work.
So I could make the long, very hot, and very uncomfortable drive back up to my hometown. To the mechanic that I knew and trusted as they've worked on my car before.

I tried to compensate, by having an ice pack as my companion.
It only helped a little.
As I hit rush hour and the drive got longer and loner....
But I managed to drop off my car.
With the instructions that I really needed it by the next evening, so that I would have a way to get back home for the new work week.

In all honesty, I had hoped that it would be an easy fix. Something inexpensive like a crack that could be filled, or a hose that had gone bad, something simple in the AC that would have me up and running in no time.

Well....
It was an easy fix.
I got my car back that evening, because they already had the part in the shop, so they didn't have to wait for it to come in or anything. (Yay!)

But...it wasn't a simple piece to fix.
Nor was it inexpensive.

>.<
No. It was my Air Compressor.
Apparently it had gone out....it wasn't holding an electric charge....connecting the charge....charging? Whatever, not a car person. But basically the magnetic part of the Air Compressor...caput. Whole thing needed to be replaced.
And the cost?
Like three paychecks.
Yah.
Pricey! :S yeesh.
It wasn't as expensive as when I had to get my major oil leak fixed last summer. But it came pretty close.
Basically the most expensive part of the AC that you could break....I broke.

But, going without AC was NOT an option.
Why?
For one its SUMMER.
For two. It's supposed to be in the 100s like ALL week.
Yah, no thanks. :S I need my AC I'm not surviving another hot week without it.

So, I bought myself a really expensive birthday present. ;) lol AC! yay. Thankfully I had the money...not what I wanted to spend it on, but hey....things like this happen, so its good to be prepared. :)
And it runs so nice and cool now. Which made the drive back to CollegeTown a less intense than the drive up.

Hopefully next Summer my car doesn't decide it needs to get more attention and break something else....
Guess we'll see. ;)

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment