Saturday, June 27, 2015

Sharp Pointy Teeth

Teeth, Teeth, nothing but Teeth.
Screams and Blood included.

Definitely a source for nightmares.
Especially when the teeth belong to a giant meat eating dinosaur.

It was one of those movies as a kid....
Jurassic Park.
Where it was super cool!
But also a nice scary movie for me.
Just not a movie I'd want to watch by myself, in the dark.
It had a great creepy factor as a kid.
Which is probably why I haven't seen the movie since like...maybe Jr. High...if not Elementary School.

Dinosaurs....attacking people, killing them, rampage, destruction.
Not always my type of thing.
It was a movie I was happy to put behind me and not see again any time soon.

And then...
Then the news came.
Another Jurassic Movie coming out.

Oh, the dilemma.
The Jurassic series of movies was on the 'do not watch again' list.
I dislike the movies where you're basically being hunted.
Yet here....
Was a portion of my childhood that was coming back into being.
Jurassic World.
Dinosaurs come again!

Should I go see it in the name of my childhood!
Should I not go see it because gah! It was 'scary'....

Totally an on the fence movie for me.
There were lots of things/people/scenes/dinosaurs I wanted to see.
But did I want to have to deal with the inevitable killing/chase scenes?

Really, I was thinking that I would wait. See it later, in the dollar theatre, maybe on tv.....
I had no aching desire to go right out and see it.
Though everyone else said that it was a movie worth seeing.

So when the opportunity came up.....when the parents were aching to go see a movie and Jurassic World came up as an option.
I decided to bite the bullet.
And go see it with them.

Wow.
The movie was rather intense.
Seriously. I think I was tense the whole time, watching, waiting, cringing.
Yep. There is death. There are escapes. There is "Ahhh!" moments.

Totally a throwback to childhood lol.
The music themes,
the dinosaurs shown,
elements of the story of the first Jurassic Park shown.

Sentiment.
Gets me everytime.
the movie, was a great sentimental movie. Harking back to the past, but adding in some great new aspects to the story.

That doesn't mean that I didn't come out of the movie thinking I'd be seeing teeth and running dinosaurs in my dreams tonight. lol.

Still, I'm glad I saw it on the big screen.
Totally made everything more intense. Dramatic.
It was nice to visit the childhood again. ;) Even if its a slightly scary part of the childhood lol.

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment