Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Using Knives

You know there's probably some good advice to that adage of don't cut towards yourself when you're using a knife.
Because wow....those blades can cut. If it's the right blade....

So last night I was cutting up tomatoes and couldn't find my usual tomato knife. So I grabbed another one.
No big deal right?
I mean, I'd cut many a tomato before.
Especially the tiny bite sized ones I favor.
I've gotten pretty good at cutting them in my hand without having to hunt down a different plate to put them on for a more stable surface.
-Yah, laziness at its finest I know. ;) lol.

Well....
I was doing my usual cutting....with this other knife.
And go figure.
That blade is actually sharp....
Good to know for the future,
though my poor finger doesn't like that it had to be the example set. lol.
I ended up cutting myself. A small thing, hardly more than a paper cut really.

But boy, is it irritating.
Note to self...the pads of your fingers are sensitive and are used a lot for a variety of things....

Definitely not fun for work either.
I must have broken open the scab three or four times there.
and bandaids aren't quite conducive to getting wet constantly....

Yah, definitely going to be more careful with which knife I use in the future to cut things with...
I may even go back to using a hard surface/plate to cut said items and avoid more finger pain.... lol

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment