Thursday, June 11, 2015

Shined to a Glow

I'd seen the place before, in the mall.
As I'd walked past it often to get to the food court and their delicious selections available to my craving tongue.

I never thought I would need to go to this particular shop.
Not until.
I broke my necklace down in Arches.

It wasn't a 'twist the metal pieces back together' sort of fix that I could do at home.
No. There wasn't a gap to twist open or back together where my necklace had broken. :(

I thought it ruined forever.
Until Mother Dearest suggested taking it into a jewelry place to see if they could fix it.
I mean, should be an easy fix right?
Just link the two metal pieces back together and we're golden!

:S The main concern was cost really....what if the places I went to charged an Arm and a Leg to just fix one simple link?

Well....then my necklace wouldn't be getting fixed that's what.
Not until I found another place to fix it at least.

So, I went to the place I remembered seeing.
A jewelry repair shop.
With fingers crossed that I wouldn't have to go to another. Hoping it wouldn't prove too expensive.

And I have to say, that the experience was a pleasant one for having to go to a place to fix my necklace. I didn't even have to empty out my life savings to fix it. ;) lol
The jeweler there was nice, personable and very complimentary.

What could have been a stressful situation for me -because I can get rather stressed out when having to deal with new situations, ended up being one that left me feeling really happy.

Like I said, the gentleman was very complimentary.
Plus, he was able to Fix my necklace right then and there!
I'd feared that I would have to leave it over night. Which I thought would be a little extreme because like I said....it was just a link that needed to be made.
But I would understand, I mean, there was a couple right before me that I...needed something done with their wedding ring I think, and that wasn't going to be returned to them until tomorrow.

But he fixed my necklace then and there!
He untangled the chain that had gotten tangled up.
He showed me what he was doing on this TV hooked up to the microscope he was using.
It was all fun.
Well....not for the necklace, where one link had to be broken, and then lasered back together into a solid again.
Walla! Fixed. Good as new!
Almost...
He could have just given it back to me then,
but the jeweler went ahead and polished my necklace back to it's original shine. So it sparkled in the light. ^^
But that wasn't all.
He caught sight of the ring I always wear. And after examining it, took it to be polished as well, shining it back up to a shine I don't recall it having before....or its been a long while since its had it lol. All at no extra charge. ^^ Awwwww!

So in the end I ended up with not one, but two shiny jewelry pieces!
Once again, I'm complete! :D lol.

Though it does make me wonder....
Do jewelers see tarnished pieces and just automatically cringe? Is it like their OCD? Their fingers just itch to make the jewel shine once more?
I'm guessing so.
And I'm grateful that this particular jeweler went the extra mile to shine my favorite jewelry possessions so that I can stare at them and admire their beauty for the next while. ^^

So happy this experience turned out to be a great one! Totally left me happy for the rest of the day. :D

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment