Tuesday, June 30, 2015

The Need To Crash

Its rather funny, how quickly the body can take a turn for the worse.
One moment you're feeling perfectly fine, and the next...you're feeling like curling up in bed and moaning the night away.

That's kinda what happened to me.

I was at work, trying to get tasks done as quickly as possible.

When I got unfortunate news.

My midday coworker that was scheduled to come in on the latter part of my shift.
Called in.
They weren't coming.

Which meant after like 12pm...I would be by myself until the end of my shift.
That wouldn't be a big deal. I've worked a lot of shifts in that sort of situation.

The problem.
Is that there was an hour gap, between when I got off work, and when another coworker was scheduled to come.

The manager in charge, just thought that we should call in another coworker, to cover the time gap that was presented. To have this person work the shift my coworker that called in, could not.

But I already knew...that it wasn't likely that that would happen.
The others who were not scheduled to work today have school, have other jobs...
I doubted they'd be able to come in in the time frame we needed them to come in.

so easy solution?
I can just stay an extra hour at work, until the other coworker scheduled could come in.

The managers liked the idea. So gave me the go ahead to stay later.
Yay! A little more money for me as well. lol

I was perfectly fine....
Until a few hours later.

When I totally lost my energy.
I had a headache come on.
One I recognize well. It was the "Sarnic, you have not slept enough you need to go get more sleep!"
Problem was...I still had like 4 hours of my shift to go.
*sighs*

I hadn't slept well the past couple of days.
But I had been getting enough sleep, so I thought.

Apparently my body thought differently.
It demanded more sleep.
Sleep I could not give it.

Not until later....
Which meant, work instead of being easy....became a bit of a test of endurance for me.
To see if I could last without dying.

Which I managed to do, even with my headache.

But with the little nap I did manage after work....

It still wasn't enough.
The body demanded sleep.

So for the first time in a while, I headed for bed early.
In hopes that the headache that plagued me for the evening.

And it worked.
Yay!
I'm glad that this time Sleep was the solution.
I just wish I knew for sure why my body wanted to crash then of all places....

*shrugs*

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment