Wednesday, July 1, 2015

A Day In Review - July 1st

Friday, July 1st 2005

-Went and saw Batman Begins in theatres.

Saturday, July 1st 2006

-It felt good to wake up on the 4th day of trek because I knew it was the Last Day I would have to pull/push a handcart. For breakfast we had Indian Fry Bread (my favorite) and Eggs. Then we loaded up the handcart for the last time. Waiting for the grown ups to give the go ahead to start. A lot of the youth played games. I spent my time relaxing in the shade conserving my energy. When we started moving my family was 2nd to last. And we went down hill. It was very tense because the hills we went down were steep. We went from around 7500 ft in elevation to around 6800 ft. During our trek to the meeting place, my bag w/ my sleeping bag and coat fell off the cart because it wasn't tied on properly. Pa retied it to the cart while we were moving, and later it fell of again. When Pa retied it that time it didn't fall off again. A lot of the time the other handcarts were out of sight because they were moving so fast. Most of the time they stopped to rest they would start leaving 5 minutes after my family to there and one time start leaving right as we caught up to them. Also on the trek they had a couple of stories talking about the Canyon we were in. When we got to the last hill before we were finished Rachael, who was in the front had us run up the hill and down again even though we weren't supposed to run with the handcart and made it to the ending where people applauded us making it. Everybody had a group hug then went to eat lunch (bag sandwiches, apples, chips, cookies) and get a ride hone. We ended up hiking about 4 miles before we could unpack the handcart for the final time. Kikay and I almost missed the chance of getting a ride home, but luckily we got a ride to the stake center with the Fords (James and Cindy Ford's parents) When we got to the stake center we waited for our ear to come. When the truck with all our stuff came I found out that my stuff wasn't there. Because I didn't put it by the truck. (It was frustrating because nobody told us anything...) The Crowleys gave Kikay and I a ride home where Mom welcomed us back. Both of us took showers and told mom what we did on trek. When my dad came back from the store, I think he was a little disappointed that he couldn't have seen us in our dirty clothes. We then retold Daddoo what we did on trek and had Chinese for Dinner. Then went to Arctic Circle for ice cream. When we got home I went to bed and slept like a log. I didn't move once while I was asleep.

Tuesday, July 1st 2008

-I went to the Denitst and got my filling problem fixed. Now no more weird edge on my tooth. Yay! Had to do it from 8-9am though. Bleh.

Wednesday, July 1st 2009

-Today Meralto didn't have to work which meant I didn't have to get up early, but around 8:30 I decided I slept enough and spent the rest of the morning reading New Moon finishing it around three. Did the laundry and started Eclipse. I'm almost done with it, but I can't stay up late as Meralto has work in the morning. Went to a farewell party of Shane Gibbs, but didn't really talk with him as he had a ton of people over. I mingled with the other wardmates and Kikay accused me of flirting with TayMil. But it felt kinda...awkward being there. No body was there I really knew really beyond a handful of people. So I came back home and read some more while Kikay played a few songs she wrote while the thunder crashed outside.

Thursday, July 1st 2010

-My shoulder still hurts from where I slammed it into Daddoo's rock box. He said its a deep bruise so it will probably be hurting for a while longer. XP Was awakened this morning by the phone ringing. I didn't realize how early it rang until I looked at the computer and saw it was 8:47am. I thought it was an hour later. At 11 Kikay and I went to see the Last Airbender. It was an okay movie. Pretty choppy., they pronounced some of the names WRONG. UGH! Came home and cleaned up the living room for the WAMN (writers artist movie night) Night. Had the WAMN at my place. I didn't know if I'll talk about doing wamns any more, because I read from my book and got a luke warm response, but I think many of the people there have a darker humor wise mind set than I do. Its not obvious but it does come out every now and then and I don't really like it much.

Friday, July 1st 2011

-I drove to West Valley today to get my license renewed since it expires on my Birthday in a few days. That was....interesting having to fill out paperwork and get my picture taken. It actually wasn't that much of a hassle. What's more of hassle is that my Uncle dropped off their dog for us to watch over the weekend. He's a sweet dog, but rather clingy. Its beginning to bug me. Jess came out later in the evening and we watched movies while working on our story, it was fun.

 Sunday, July 1st 2012

-Kikay and I both slept in past our singles ward so we packed and drove home to go to Meralto's single's ward. Which started at 1pm. The drive up was rather uncomfortable as our a/c wasn't really working. (Oh look 3 years later, the ac wasn't working again about the same time. go figure.) But we got home so I could change and Mom showed me a present she got me. M&M Pjs! Yay. I was bemoaning the fact that I had to toss an old pair of mine away due to holes, so I was really happy to get another one. Kikay and I went to Brother's ward and I ended up staying for all three meetings which was alright. Came home and felt a bit lonely...there is a definite emptiness here with my cat Drifter not outside to greet us. I really miss him and being so close to where he should be makes the emptiness more obvious. Our family sat down for dinner of spaghetti and garlic bread, a bit afterwards both parents started hounding me a bit about finding a job. I know they're doing it out of concern for my future, but I really wish they wouldn't. I get so stressed out afterwards and I already know that my life is spiraling out of control. I don't need constant reminders, and whenever I talk to them they ask how the job search is going and I wonder if hey noticed that I don't call much anymore to avoid the conversation I don't want to about the job thing. If I had any news....I would call. I wish they would realize that. The stress over it already is taking its toll and I ended up with another headache because of the stress.

Monday, July 1st 2013

-I'm so sore. The last hour of work I spent cleaning cages in the back rooms like a maniac. Hopefully Reth appreciates the effort as I didn't get to leave early at all. :( Surprise surprise. Maybe I can convince Cinres to let me leave early Wednesday night so I can make it home for the fireworks. More likely they'll have me leave a couple of hours early tomorrow, but who knows...work itself wasn't bad...I'm just tired. lol. I need a break from being at work, especially after working 7 days in a row and especially because I dislike working twice in a 24 hour period. Today 2pm-10pm tomorrow 630am-4pm. See? Twice in 24 hours, not my type of fun. I just want morning shifts!

Tuesday, July 1st 2014

-Work went about as I expected it to go, but a little worse as when I came in my special coworker was further behind than compared to their last two Tuesday bedding changes as they'd barely started one side, having only finished the front two display cages. Even worse news...they were off at 10am. So I had to open the department in an hour and take over bedding changes. Though my coworker ended up staying half an hour later just to finish the bedding, but not put back all the hides, wheels, or food/water. That wasn't even done by 11 when Sirch came in due to customers >.< But we managed. Also managed to bring animals out to the floor as well. All in all it was a pretty busy day for a Tuesday. But there was a bad side in that our bug shipment...all the large ones came in dead. This was super really totally bad because we ran out of crickets today. We needed that shipment. And now we most likely won't get any for two more days unless the company actually sends out an emergency shipment for the morrow. Afterwork I drove home and did a quick clean of my apartment finishing just as there was a knock on the door. My friends Casey and then Steven showed up followed by Mirleki and Ash. Let me tell you, being by myself with two guys...semi awkward. I was so glad when the girls showed up. Tay, Jess, and Dirk also came too. So that was fun. In any case, we all drove down to Laser Assault, meeting Cousin Brandon there and played 2 games of laser tag for my birthday. ^^ The first game was boys against girls, girls won! I got first place. :D 2nd game was my group against two other groups combined in a team. We won again. It didn't help that the other group traveled in a pack so they were easy targets. I think they had a ton of fun! We came back to my place for Cake and Ice Cream and we ended up signing Dirk and Tay up for Pottermore. Kikay and Ross dropped by after work as well. It was a great early birthday party. ^^

Wednesday, July 1st 2015

-I had work again this morning an early shift. But also a short shift, only 5 hours compared to my usual 8 hour shifts. I worked on bedding changes for half of my shift, the other half was spent trying to clean the fish tanks while dealing with customers as I was left by myself for a bit so Sirch could take a conure to the vet as he was randomly not doing well... I also had a meeting with the DM today as she was looking for feedback on how the store was doing, which also ate up a bit of time, so the last little bit of things wasn't done before I left. :( I came home and took a nap, but was woken up by a call by Jess saying that we wouldn't be seeing an apartment today as the people decided to lease it out before we could check it out. So we spent a couple tense hours checking into other possible apartments to see and hopefully move into. Got a call back from one but won't get to see the place until next week due to the 4th of July weekend. *sighs* I really wish this apartment hunt was over. Its stress I really don't need it in my life, and the longer this goes on...the more stressful it gets. I went to an Institute Class tonight, which was nice.

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.

Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment