Saturday, July 18, 2015

A New Theme

It may have been all the 'renovate your home' shows I've been watching.

But a couple of days ago,
I was staring at my room.
Thinking...
I really should redecorate.
Go with a different theme.

I mean...it's been pretty much the same color scheme since I've moved away.
Reds and Browns

It would be nice to go with something less....vivid.
Less dark.

As my room is dark.
And since I'm staying in my current place for another year...
I really should do more to make the room look brighter.
Lighten it up.

And what better way to do that then like an ocean theme?
Blues. Greens. Whites.
Sea creatures, sea theme.

Been into ocean things recently.
So it would fit into my current interests just fine.

Just a matter of figuring out what to do with all the stuff I already have in my room.
It's an apartment after all.
Tiny space.
Not much place for boxes of stuff....

I'd have to rearrange stuff.

And then I remembered.

>.<
All plans had to be put on hold.
Why?

Because I had a cleaning check.
Today.

Not a very good idea to rearrange your room so close to a cleaning check.
That's a major undertaking.

And knowing me, I would probably have the room in a mess for four straight days.
Not enough time to clean and pass cleaning check without stressing out about it.

So, I waited.
Til the day of the cleaning check.

And ventured out.

In search of a new comforter for the top of my bed,
Some wall hangings that would brighten up the room,
Maybe a new end table, and some more sea themed creatures to put around the place.

I came home with.

Nothing.

Why?

Because the blues and greens weren't speaking to me today. >.<

No, everything that I was like
()_() Oooo!! Pretty colors!!

Was....
Red.
And Brown.

lol
Apparently I'm still fond of those colors.
Hard to match when all the blues and greens were too light in my opinion.
I like the darker shades of green and blue.

And the darker shades that I loved.....were too dark. To try and lighten up my room.
*sighs*

Yah.
So I came home with nothing.
Because I didn't see anything I felt I absolutely needed to have.
Because as much as I liked the red and brown things I found.
I don't need more of that color in my room .lol.

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment