Friday, July 31, 2015

A Day In Review -July 31st

Sunday, July 31st 2005 

-We stopped in Idaho at Shoshone Falls on our drive home from Oregon. It was very beautiful and HOT! 

Monday, July 31st 2006

-We went up to Wyoming for the week, to help clean out Grandma Retrun's home after her passing. It wasn't easy as she had a lot of stuff in the home. It didn't really feel like we made a lot of progress, but we made some difference. 

Thursday, July 31st 2008 

-My laptop has once again been taken away fro me to be 'fixed' again. (the whirling fan on the bottom wasn't working.) So now I can't work on writing. >.< Its not like I don't have other computers available, I just like working on my laptop better. I went out and helped my daddoo pick up some more apricots today, though I didn't really help with the canning process as I wasn't in the mood to. My neighbor AnCro called to give me the "you should write a note to your sister" speech that they could put in a book that they're making for Kikay because she completed her Personal Progress and got her award. So I wrote a little note and sent it to AnCro and she sent me a note back in return that she was proud of me and my accomplishments that I had gotten a scholarship and such. It made me feel good, though...lol I am a sucker for compliments. ^^ 

Friday, July 31st 2009

-Woke up in the middle of the night with my left shoulder/side of neck/ and eye-dry-feeling really painful. It hurt so bad that I didn't really get back to sleep, I just ended up dozing til like 6:30 am when Kikay texted me asking me to bring her laptop, book, ipad, and cord charger down with us today when we'd come down. Having woken up I went into my parents bedroom where they were getting ready for work, and took and advil and fell asleep til 10am. I went and picked some berries and played with the kittens before packing for another trip to Great Grandma Ms house. I downloaded the pictures off my camera and got rid of them all on my camera. Only a few downloaded and none of the cool ones! So those are gone. Y_Y When the parents got home we packed up the car and went on our way to Great Grandma Ms, stopping at Burger King for dinner. I spent the car ride using my camera to take pictures of the mountains as we drove past. We got to her house about 9pm to find....she wasn't there. So we sat outside on the grass for an hour spotting some desert frogs in the process. When Great Grandma finally came home we went inside and reintroduced our dogs to her dogs and ate some grapes before heading to bed. 

Saturday, July 31st 2010

-I spent the morning being typically lazy. On facebook one of my neighbors from the homeward decided to invite me to become friends with FIFTY people on facebook. O..o I think they might be from the single's ward I don't go to....so right now my philosophy is that if they add me as a friend I'll add them, but maybe after a certain time period I'll delete them again if I don't talk to them at all... Kikay came home from Girl's camp today, cheerful and basically hyper....until the parentals came home and then her mood became antisocial for the rest of the day. We went to a BBQ today at the Grandparent Dirchi's house. It felt really good to have a family bbq again and eat Grandpa's delicious hamburgers. It was a very relaxed atmosphere and my Aunts/Grandma gave Mother Dearest the quilt they've been putting together since April. Mother Dearest was surprised and happy and I think she enjoyed that they cared so much about her, enough when she was going through the Breast Cancer treatment that they made her a quilt pieced together with cloth chosen by the girls in the family. Just for her. I drove home with Meralto which was an adventure, we talked about Twilight and a coworker he wants me to look into dating since he's going to be going to my College as well. (never did.) 

Sunday, July 31st 2011

-Got up early to make it to an 8:30am breakfast the ward was throwing to get us to church on time for the 5th Sunday. We had a 2 hour panel on Modesty and Dating then sacrament where we were told to be Selfihs in dating because we are searching for our eternal companion. When I got home I worked on a comic I was working on drawing for a friend with his favorite superhero. 

Tuesday, July 31st 2012

-I transfered money from my savings to my checking account today so that I would be able to pay rent. That was depressing to see my savings go down. :( I applied for a job as a teller at Wells Fargo, but my application wasn't compatible. It was rather depressing to be rejected like 3 hours after turning it in. :( I hung out the rest of the day, then Kikay and I went fencing. That was a lot of fun and I got a couple more bruises. We went to the Neffies to watch KungFu Panda 2 before coming back home. 

Wednesday, July 31st 2013

-It definitely hasn't been a good ending to the month. I met up with Kikay about noon to do some shopping when we got the news that her bishop -my old one- had died this Morning. ()_(). The news came out of the blue. It was such a shock. I mean, he wasn't an old guy! like 40s or 50s...but he unexpectedly died this morning while staring his morning run...from a heart attack. O.o I can't imagine it. Its really hard to comprehend. I mean he's Bishop! It just doesn't make sense, he seemed so healthy and happy. He has a daughter who is just about to get married! A son that's engaged, another son recently off his mission...and now he's suddenly gone from every one's lives. 
This news definitely put a damper on Kikay's and mine shopping plans and we cut them short. We went to Barnes and Noble and then to the Build-a-Bear in the mall to build a Stuffed Animal for Fluffy as she had surgery this morning that involved breaking her jaw so that her teeth would actually touch when she closed her mouth.. Now she has to have her jaw wired shut for over a month. :S yikes! We also dropped by another book store before calling it quits for the day. Kikay went over my comments/critiques that I gave her current project when we to her home. I followed her over to Fencing for a bit before coming home for a bit. Surprise Surprise my roommate Mari hasn't been home. I wonder if she's avoiding me. But its unusual for her to disappear before Thursday, I hope she's okay. (We had a fight via Text about the cleanliness of the apartment -she was one of the OCD cleaners that insisted the place look like its from a magazine at all times and would constantly text me about it. She ended up moving out early because of it, so she told me. -the source of my dislike of roommates who are OCD cleanfreaks and note leavers.) 

Thursday, July 31st 2014

-I didn't sleep peacefully last night due to not feeling well. I ended up getting up about 9am so I could go to the dentist at 9:30 to fix a filling in Tooth 4. Besides the long lasting numbing the whole procedure went well. :) Afterwards I took my car to Jiffy Lube to get an oil change and figure out why I was getting wet spots under my car. They didn't give me anything definite, figured I needed to replace gaskets and such... I came home to a guy putting gutters on our roof and drove out soon after to get back to college town to get to work at 1. Work itself was crazy. My special coworker had been by themseleves and had apparently supposed to be gone at 1130 but was still there at 1pm when I came in. O.o I have no idea what took them so long in the morning (still don't.) But alot of us were wondering if they'd actually had done anything task wise today because they apparently only got cats and some of the dishes done by 830 when he'd come in at 6:15ish! (cleaning cat cages should never take longer than an hour, but consistently it takes them 2...) This coworker was just bringing out the decorations for the bedding changes when I got there. O.O I don't know what to say...but nothing but bedding changes, cats, and possibly feeding the birds had gotten done by 1pm! ONE PM! (that's like 5 hours for a bedding change that doesn't take more then TWO.) I ended up having to open up the rest of the department while Sirch worked on our insect shipment. Sirch ended up going to grab us both Frosties (from Wendy's) as a reward. Poor Sirch...I'd been hoping that his mini vacation would result in a good return...but that's not so. Hopefully it can get better...it will get better if our Special Coworker is no longer scheduled to do the Bedding Changes. Which hopefully will be like next week. 

Friday, July 31st 2015

-I had work at 630 this morning, which is a good thing because it gave me time to fully open the department as my second opener came in late this morning (an hour late, right as the store opened because their alarm didn't go off.) Thankfully, it was simple quick tasks for today so I wasn't too stressed out about them being late. Just slightly irritated as this is the third time in a row that they've come in late (not this late, but late.) We worked on the fish shipment for most of the morning...and once my second opener left...I spent the rest of my shift trying to find stuff to do. It wasn't a busy Friday customer wise....which was rather weird. Not bad though. I like it when its not busy, but I wish I'd had had more tasks to do as yesterday my coworker and I had already faced most of our department so there wasn't much to do. When I got home it was to my apartment door being wide open. ()_() I had a mini panic attack wondering if some maintenance guys had come in and left the door wide open. Which would be BAD because my roommate's cat takes like every opportunity to try and escape outside as she's not always locked up in my roommate's bedroom when I get home. 
I got inside to see the cat locked up in the kitchen in her carrier, and as I turned down the hallway, this adorable black puppy dog came bounding to me. So adorable! Totally unexpected as we don't have a dog.... But it soon became clear why the door was opened, the cat locked, up a random dog....My roommate was moving out. She had a bunch of friends/family over taking all her stuff out of her room (one of the friends had brought the puppy along.) 
It's so...weird. Because all of a sudden...she's gone....along with her cat. Moved out like two weeks before she needs to be, but moved out all the same.
The apt is much more lonely right now. As the cat isn't there, and I liked having her around. Y_Y So sudden a leaving. I knew it was happening, but oh, so sudden. :( I hope the kitty cat likes her new home.... I hung out watching Lie To Me -been binge watching that the past couple of days on Netflix- before I ventured out to Barnes and Noble to hang out there for a little bit before I discovered that DreamWork's movie Home had been released like 3 days ago! Gah! So I dashed down to Walmart to grab it and came straight back home to watch it and blog. :) 

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

The Dream

I was with my family on a trip, when this plane flew past and a ton of money fell out. Me and a bunch of other tourists in the fancy smancy spa rich place we were at went after the money, like a treasure hunt, trying to get all that we could. I went for the higher dollar amounts ($100 bills.) ignoring the smaller bill denominations that had also fallen out. I managed to get ahead of everyone else along the trail and grab the money I wanted. I had so many plans for what I could do with this cash when...

The unholy tones of daylight pulled me away....
and I became myself again. :) 

-S.N.D

No comments:

Post a Comment