Monday, July 27, 2015

October 2005 General Conference -Sunday Morning

Thomas S. Monson -The Prophet Joseph Smith: Teacher by Example
  • Courage--by example.
  • "If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him."
  • Faith -by example
  • Honesty --by example
  • Patience--by example
  • Diligence-- by example
  • Missionary Work-- by example
  • "Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends."
  • Love-- by example
Boyd K. Packer -On Zion's Hill
  • The opposition and trials are different now. If anything, they are more intense, more dangerous than in those early days, aimed not so much at the Church as at us as individuals.
  • There is in the Church a central core of power deeper than programs or meetings or associations. It does not change. It cannot erode. It is constant and certain. It never recedes or fades.
  • While the Church is housed I chapels, it lives in the heart and soul of every Latter-day Saint.
Merrill J. Bateman -A Pattern for All
  • The Atonement was an intimate, personal experience in which Jesus came to know how to help each of us.
Cheryl C. Lant -My Soul Delighteth in the Scriptures
  • It doesn't seem to matter where or when I read the scriptures; I can still carry them in my heart.
Richard G. Scott -Truth Restored
  • Satan has been most effective in causing people to ignore I tor to look in the wrong places for it. The vast majority of Father's children have not only forgotten their Father in Heaven and the purpose of mortal life, but they rarely even think of Him nor ponder for what purpose they are here in mortality. They have been led to be absorbed by mundane things that distract them from the essential ones. Don't you make that mistake.
  • God's plan of salvation has been made available to all who will honestly seek it. Embrace it. Live it for your peace and happiness.
Gordon B. Hinckley -Forgiveness
  • I often think of a poem I read long ago. It goes like this: Let me live in a house by the side of the road, Where the race of men go by-- The men who are good and the men who are bad, As good and as bad as I. I would not sit in the scorner's seat, Or hurl the cynic's ban;-- Let me live in a house by the side of the road. And be a friend to man.
  • "But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you."
Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment