Tuesday, July 21, 2015

New Pets!

I did a crazy thing yesterday.
 
I bought myself a couple new pets.
Well...Adopted.
 
So, there I was.
At work.
 
.....working.
 
And for some reason, my focus turned to the Betta Fish.
To one in particular.
That has been sitting on our shelves for weeks and weeks and weeks.
Maybe a month...
Which is rather long for a Betta fish to be on our shelves.
For most of them its no longer than a week maybe two before they find their new homes.
 
But this guy...
He's been there for a while.
 
Why?
Well...
Because for some reason or another.
He only has One Eye.
 
The other one is missing.
It looks like it wasn't even there in the first place.
 
And because of that....
No one really wants to buy a fish that isn't 'whole.'
 
Especially when he's a Dumbo Halfmoon Betta.
Which is like the most expensive Betta fish we sell.
 
Hence why no one wants to get him.
 
And I felt really bad for him.
I didn't want him to languish there day after day after day.
 
Then...in a separate tank.
I noticed that there was this frog.
And he too...wasn't perfect.
He only had three legs. The other one...gone for who knows why. :(
Again, not a creature likely to be bought.

And sometimes....Bettas and Frogs can get along together.
Plus...since they were not perfect....
I wondered to myself.
If I could get them adopted.
To myself.
As we do that on occasion.
Adopt out pets that are 'special' for various reasons. (i.e. missing limbs and eyes)
Which would mean that I wouldn't have to pay anything for them.
Because our focus is getting animals their forever homes.

So I went to my manager,
And asked him if I could do just that.
And he said yes!

So I found myself buying a new tank. A 2.5 gallon one.
Just to give the betta and frog some space so they wouldn't feel over crowded.
And took it all home. ^^

Managing to pay less than half of the price of what it would have cost had everything been full price.

And now! My fish and frog have a new home!! :D
They're still getting used to it.
Spending more time hiding than anything, but hopefully they get comfortable soon with their new nicer home. ^^

I mean....
It was basically over for me when I named them. lol.
Hence why I bought them.
One Eyed-Jack and Theodore. ^^

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment