Sunday, July 12, 2015

Who's Car?

There we were, in a Wendy's.
Ordering food, my roomie, her boyfriend, and I.
Because we were starving and not in the mood to cook our own food.
It was later in the evening, past the official dinner rush.
So there was basically no one there.
Just an older gentleman eating at a table, and all the workers.

We went in to order (because its faster and I hate the drive thru.)
And while I'm ordering my food,
I hear a guy's voice ask "Do you own the Chevy out there?"
My companions were like. "Uh...no."
So I turned to him, and said. "yah, that's my car."
Really, expecting him to tell me something had gone wrong with it.
Like it had caught fire, or had gotten a flat tire, or was leaking oil or you know...something wrong.
Because no one ever talks to me about my car.

"I was thinking about buying one possibily. Is it a good car? What's the condition, have you had anything gone wrong with it has this thing gone wrong with it. (He said something belt...which I know is an important thing for a car, but I don't know the name.) "How much mileage does it have, how long have you had it." Etc. Etc. Etc.

Really, I was just kinda surprised that someone was talking about buying a car like mine.
Because one....they don't make it anymore. So he'd have to get it used.
And two...no one talks to me about my car. lol.

In any case, I answered his questions as best as I could.
And really....its surprised me how good of a car it really is.

I mean, we got my car like 15 years ago.
I was still in elementary school.
I was still in gymnastics.
I know, because I remembered we went to the dealership after one of my gymnastic classes and I was barefoot the whole time we were looking at cars. (hot pavement hot pavement) (I loved being barefoot at any possible moment, regardless of the consequences.) And that I plopped into the back seat and put my feet on the little bump there.
(Twas a used car...but I think only a yearish after it came off the line.)

And as of yet....
We haven't had any major problems with it.
(knock on wood. -cus once I say that, something is probably going to go wrong lol.)

I mean, we've had to replace some of the inside handles a few times. The AC a couple of times, had to fix a major oil leak...
Seriously.
That's hardly any problems at all for a car.
For a car that is a decade and a half old.

Really....the only major issue is that the paint has worn away lol. So my car is showing its grey body like a Mohawk.
...At some point I really should repaint that....

Its even more of an amazing car.
Considering that I'm just barely breaking 96,000 miles.
Yah. you read that right.
15 year old car. Still under 100,000 miles.
That's basically unheard of.

Why is my mileage so low?
Because my car has been used as a city car.
We used it as a 'get around' car while I was growing up.
Barely taking it out of state.
It has no experience with distant road trips lol.

Overall though.
^^ I really like my car.
Its been good to me. ^^
And I hadn't fully appreciated it until the gentleman came up to me and started talking to me about it. ;)

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment