Saturday, June 20, 2015

Inside The Mind

Get to know the voices inside your head.
That's one of the tag lines that Pixar's new movie Inside Out uses.

And in reality.
That is so true.
I went and saw the movie and Wow.
My head is spinning with thoughts and wonder.
And interflection.

In the movie there is made mention to "Core Memories"
Memories that basically are the starting point to making up who you are.
Your Core Qualities.
And those qualities can change over time.
Interests fade. Experiences alter.

And then there's the five characters. Fear, Anger, Disgust, Sadness, Joy.
Apparently there can be up to 27 different emotions that can reside in the human brain.
Though most agree that there are 7 main ones that are expressed across every culture.
Surprise and Contempt are the other two not included in the movie.

The movie was wonderful.
A thought provoking emotional rollercoaster.

That left me wondering.
Which emotion would in charge of me, inside my head?
As the movie makes it clear, different people have different ruling emotions.

Which one would rule me?
Or do they take turns?

I'm leaning towards taking turns.
I feel like overall, I tend to be Joy. I try to see things in a more positive light.

Though I can feel the other emotions as well. Fear, Disgust, Anger, Sadness.
Recently it's been Anger, just suppressed Anger. Irritation. *shrugs*
But overall...I think Joy tempers everything.

The other part I've been reflecting on is the Core Memories.
What would be the Cores of who I am?
I mean it doesn't have to just be characteristics, but hobbies as well, your interests, what drives you.

Family would be one.
Kindness/Compassion Another.
Possibly Reading/Writing.
Love of Animals...

Yah, what makes up Sarnic Dirchi?
What has made up me in the past?
Like Sign Language. While I was in college, totally my life. A Core...but that's faded.
While the love of animals which had been pushed to the side, is now back in the forefront with my job.

It's interesting how as you grow....things change.

Yes, Inside Out is definitely a movie to go see.
It certainly was worth it to me,
Left me thinking as well. Which is a good thing.  :)

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment