Friday, June 12, 2015

One Little Kid

Those of us who have served missions have seen the miracle in the lives of some we have taught as they have come to realize that they are sons and daughters of God.
Many years ago an elder who served a mission in the British Isles said at the end of his labors, "I think my mission has been a failure.
I have labored all my days as a missionary here and I have only baptized one dirty little Irish kid.
That is all I baptized."

Years later, after his return to his home in Montana, he had a visitor come to his home who asked, "Are you the elder who served a mission in the British Isles in 1873?"

"Yes."

Then the man went on, "And do you remember having said that you thought your mission was a failure because you had only baptized one dirty little Irish kid?"

He said, "Yes."

The visitor put out his hand and said, "I would like to shake hands with you.
My name is Charles A. Callis, of the Council of the Twelve of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
I am that dirty little Irish kid that you baptized on your mission."

That little Irish boy came to a knowledge of his potential as a son of God.
Elder Callis left  a lasting legacy for his large family.
Serving as a mission president for 25 years and in his apostolic ministry for 13 years, he blessed the lives of literally thousands.
I feel privileged to have known this great Apostle of the Lord when I was a young man.

-James E. Faust -"Them That Honour Me I Will Honour"  -April 2001 General Conference

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

The Dream

A bunch of friends guys/girls had come over, in like a family reunion sort of scenario, with the intention to take everyone -even little kids- on a hike up into the mountains, to climb a mountain. But I was working to dissuade them from that plan because I could see dark storm clouds heading in our direction and it would be horrible to be caught on top of the mountain in a lightning storm where there was a higher possibility of us getting struck. I ended up joining with my sister and Thor in our apartment, which was on the top floor of our apartment building, and had a winding staircase oddly enough. We were inside discussing things when went dark, started shaking, and slowly our apartment turned sideways and we fell. Somehow all three of us managed to survive the collapse of our apartment building. But it wasn't a normal collapse. Somehow, our apartment floor just....slid right off the main building to tumble to the ground below.

Then the unholy tones of daylight pulled me away....
and I became myself again. :)

-S.N.D

No comments:

Post a Comment