Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Creepiness

It's one of those questions, where you don't think much of it upon the asking....
But as time passes, and you consider the question in more thought....

You begin to wonder...Why?
Why the question?
What was the reason for asking it?
What were they going to do with the answer?

I had a customer call at work today.

And said "Okay, this is going to be a crazy question, but do you guys sell, venomous scorpions and how many do you get in?"
"Yes, we only get in one at a time."
"Oh...well...I need like 300 of them. Is there any way I could order them in bulk and you have them sent to me?"
"Unfortunately, the breeders control how many animals they send us. We can't order anything in. So we'll only get in one at a time."
"Oh...Okay. Thanks anyways. Bye!"

And that was the conversation.
300 Scorpions.

At first I was like "Wow...that was one of the more crazy requests."
And went on my way.
But then you get to thinking.

Why would someone need 300 scorpions?
Why would they ask if we had venomous scorpions? (like...aren't all scorpions venomous in some way?)

Is it for a prank?
For a breeding thing?
For a Halloween attraction?

What are they going to do with them?
Are they planning to use them to kill someone?
I mean, the more you think about it, the more diabolical it all can get.

300 scorpions.
Why would you ever need that many?
Why?
Why?

I really regret that I didn't ask him why he needed so many.
Because I want to know the answer. I really do.

But...if you hear anything in the news about 300 scorpions in the near future....just know that I talked with the fella.

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

The Dream

There was a young boy, in an old atticy workshop space. Tinkering with gels and goos and such. And somehow through using them, he managed to bring people/creatures/aliens from their time periods/worlds to his. Where he was able to interact with them and do stuff with them. It got to the point where he could travel to their times/worlds by drinking the goos. And it expanded from there, until he could get abilities briefly from the goos. Until he had a group of friends that were helping him with this sort of thing, until it was revealed that the boy's father and a lot of the neighbors had done similar things in their youth, and the whole neighborhood was working together to keep this invention secret from the government as they planned to take animals from the past to use in the future, but that would have bad effects to the past because time wouldn't happen as it was supposed to and animals wouldn't get eaten, plants would die. etc. We were packing up things like crazy trying to decide what to take and what to leave. And there were these stones that could absorb energy and also expel it. One stone in particular could create things from the goo and I created a beautiful leafy sculpture, but it all of a sudden collapsed and revealed a creepy skeleton within it that left me recoiling back. The government flew over our house, and we dashed across the street to where the grown ups were plotting to tell them that their ship had arrived, and we had to go now....

Then the unholy tones of daylight pulled me away....
and I became myself again. :)

-S.N.D

No comments:

Post a Comment