Sunday, September 20, 2015

Reading Again

It's been a long while since I've sat down and read a book.
Life just seems too...busy to do so recently.
But to use up some vacation time, I decided to take a "relaxcation" and just head home to the parents for a week to get away from it all.
Which means, with nothing going on....I have time to do stuff that I don't usually do.

Like reading a book. ^^
I actually feel like I can relax down enough to take the time to sit and lose myself in a different world for a few hours.
So nice.
So very nice.

I love reading, I really do.
And Mercedes Lackey is an author that doesn't disappoint. ^^

I spent the day reading her newest book, Hunter.

It was a fun read, really liked the characters and the setting and the magic and the hounds.
It left me craving more.

Because...*sighs* It was the first book in a series.
And the rest of the books haven't been written yet.
Y_Y.

Phooey.
I hate that.
I want to know what happens next now!!

*sighs*
Its an annoyance of mine.
How many books are the 'first books in series.'

I mean, I'm sure I'd finish a 'one booker' and go "They should write more!"
But there are days when I just get tired of finding 'first books'
I want to read something that is complete!
And it seems like all the books coming out are...not. They're parts of series.
Which means I won't get the whole story for a few more years. :(

Its half the reason why I haven't been as active in reading recently.
Because I'm tired of starting  a ton of different series and not being able to finish them. :(

Still.
I really did like the Hunter book. ^^
Just wished I had the rest of the series with me now.

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment