Tuesday, September 29, 2015

The Visits

So I got a new calling in Church.
To be a Ward Missionary.

A calling that I've had before a few years ago.
One that I hadn't done...because well...no one told me what to do.

Which is my least favorite thing about callings.
Everyone automatically assumes you already know what you're doing.
When in fact you don't.

The only thing I knew about my recalling to being a Ward Missionary in this ward.
Is that they actually have some sort of system set up.
Where every Tuesday evening, we meet up and go knock on doors to visit members of the ward.

-Which I think is kinda flawed....because if someone works every Tuesday night...then we would never see them. So they should switch up the days maybe even the times to be able to find everyone.

In any case....
I met up with my group to do the Missionary Visits.
And automatically...they set me on edge.
For one, going up to strangers and talking to them isn't something I do much outside of work.
For two...going up to strangers and trying to talk churchy with them.... yah...even more stressful.

Again they automatically assumed I knew what I was doing.
Ha.
Think again.

But their explanation of what we were trying to do.... Get them to come to church, to come to ward activities, etc etc
Just put my back up.
I felt like we were just trying to get our numbers to look good.
*sighs*

Still. I went.
But I didn't really focus on 'getting numbers.'
Just saying Hi. Talking to the person. And after a while moved on.

So...
This going to be an interesting calling....
At least I know a bit of what to do....
But beyond that...who knows.

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi 

The Dream

Was of a couple (reminiscent a bit of Bernard/Megamind and Roxanne. Talking while they were cleaning dishes in the sink.

-S.N.D

No comments:

Post a Comment