Saturday, March 19, 2016

A Cheeseburger for You!

A while ago at work, We started selling bigger fish tanks.
Namely a 125 gallon one, as well as a 150 gallon one.

Which due to their size, usually means that you need more than two people to help you move them. Because their bigger and unwieldy.
Okay, the 125 you could possibly still get away with just using two strong guys to move it.

But the 150? Ha.
No. What you need is 4 strong guys to move that heavy thing because it must weigh like 500lbs.

Which usually isn't a problem, because we tend to have the guys on hand to be able to move the tank. Especially on a Saturday, when we're at our busiest.

Except. This week..
Because we're doing inventory on Monday, most of the week, the guys have been coming in for overnighter shifts. Where the stockers/managers can do precounting stuff and facing/organizing so that when we have the actual inventory on Monday, the official count of all our products can be done easy peasy with hopefully no hold ups.

In any case.
This morning.
I saw a couple looking at the tanks. And asked if I could help them with anything.
They said yes.
They wanted the 150 gallon tank.

The problem?
We only had one guy manager in the store.
Everyone else, yah, girls. Which it would probably take all of us girls plus him to try and lift that tank and have us not drop it if we were lucky.
Which we weren't.
lol. No we didn't break the tank.
It was unfortunate that they decided to get this tank...in the middle of one of our rushes.
So that basically everyone else was busy helping customers.

Thankfully the husband was willing to help carry the tank.
But that still left two empty places that us girls couldn't fill because we had other customers anxious for help. (Why are people less patient on Saturdays? I mean, yes, you have errands to run, but seriously, can't you see we're all busy helping people?)

Which left us with two options.
Try and find some willing male customers to help us out.
Or go over to the vet within our store and ask them for help.
I chose to go for the latter option first, leaving the customer assistance as a last resort.

Lucky, us. I found two guys willing to help us out over there. ^^ Woot!
Dodged a bullet there.

lol.
And the entire time they were joking. "So we get a free tank out of this right?" "You're going to have that pizza sent over before we leave right?"

Honestly, they weren't serious at all.

But for fun.
I decided to take them seriously.
And just do a random act of kindness.

So once my shift was over.
I headed up to my favorite fast food place, Wendy's.
And grabbed 10 Jr. Cheeseburgers from their 99cent menu. (and my favorite crispy chicken sandwich for myself.)
And bring them back to the vet clinic. :)

I couldn't remember how many people were working there. Around 6 or 7. So I grabbed a few extra just in case.
lol.
I loved seeing their faces. Excitement. Joy. Happiness. When I told them I'd grabbed them some cheeseburgers as a thank you for helping us move the 150 gallon.

I mean, only two of the guys there helped. But I figured I would give everyone there a treat just to give them a bright spot to a busy day. :)

Lol. Now they're saying that they need to do a random act of kindness back to us at some point. Randomly give us food. Lol. We'll see if it happens. ^^

But I'm glad that they were happy to get the food. :) It made my day that much brighter too by doing that for them. :)

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment