Thursday, March 17, 2016

Hold To Your Word

President N. Eldon Tanner, a former counselor in the First Presidency and a man of integrity, told of someone who sought his advice.

"A young man came to me not long ago and said, 'I made an agreement with a man that requires me to make certain payments each year.
I am in arrears, and I can't make those payments, for if I do, it is going to cause me to lose my home.
What shall I do?"

"I looked at him and said, "Keep your agreement.'

"'Even if it costs me my home?'

"I said, 'I am not talking about your home.
I am talking about your agreement; and I think your wife would rather have a husband who would keep his word, meet his obligations, ... and have to rent a home than to have a home with a husband who will not keep his covenants and his pledges.'"

-D. Todd Christofferson -Let Us Be Men -October 2006 General Conference

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment