Friday, March 11, 2016

A Bad Movie?

So, I've been wanting to watch the new Fantastic Four movie ever since I heard it was coming out.
Because I'm always curious with reboots, to see what is the same and what is different in the movie. And since technology is always getting better, it means movie effects are getting a lot better too. :)

Yet, when Fantastic Four came out.
I heard that it wasn't worth the money to go see it in theatres.
That it was bad.
Super bad.

O.o Which was surprising.....because I mean....how bad could a movie actually be?
There have been many movies that others have thought were bad, but actually were pretty good......

*shrugs*
But since nobody wanted to see the movie with me,
Due to all the negative acclaim it was getting.
So I had to wait.

and wait.

and wait.

and wait.

It came out on DVD....
And I didn't buy it,
Because again with the negative reviews....
I wanted to see it first.
Before I spent money on this 'horrible' movie.

Well, tonight,
After my roommate and I decided against going to go see a movie in the theatre....
and instead redbox something.

I saw that Fantastic Four was available to rent.
And her fiancĂ© ended up having a free code for Redbox. Where we could watch a movie for free.

So.
We grabbed Fantastic Four.

And watched it.

Honestly....
It's not the worst movie I've seen.
I could see how it could have so much more potential.
A. lot. more. potential.

The main thing that bugged me about the movie.
Was the acting seemed so....stilted.
Where the words being said by the people....didn't have the effect they needed to have. It just felt...contrived, corny, you could tell when they were in front of a green screen....
Honestly....it was like a 'throw back' movie.
One that you expect to see made back in the 1980s

Which I think is why it got such bad acclaim.
Because it was a throw back movie.
Back to a time when the actor/ress's only needed to say their lines, they didn't really need to act them.

Granted....the plot could have worked on its timing issues more too.
Focused on the more interesting things, like Reed's ability to shape shift, Doom's time on the foreign planet, have them on Planet Zero much longer, have the fight have more build up.

Plot and Acting.
It could have been so much more.
And originally it sounds like it was a lot more.
But due to creative differences.
Between the actors/director/producers/company.
It just was a bad mixture.
Where the vision wasn't fulfilled.
because Trust wasn't given.
Wants were forced.
And the original movie was lost on the battlefield.

:( Which is sad, when the movie you wanted to make, isn't the one that ended up being creative. I could see why there would be tension and stress over everything. :(

Still, the movie had its cool moments.
Those moments that sparked the creativity of the writer within me.
I wish we could have seen more of those moments.
The movie would have been better off for it. :)

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment