Friday, March 4, 2016

A Concert

Next time BYU Vocal Point performs, I may just have to take the whole weekend off, and buy tickets to every performance.
lol I know there are others who already do this.
But I'm thinking I may need to jump on that bandwagon.
Because I'm already aware each performance is slight different, but it would be nice to be there in person and not just hear about the crazy shenanigans that happen at the ones I'm not at. lol.

In any case!
I was only able to make it to one Vocal Point concert this weekend,
because Work decided to schedule me to work the evening of the other concert.
-A fact I was aware of as work has been scheduling me to work Saturday nights for the past month or so. So I planned already not to be able to make it, so I wasn't surprised when I turned out to be right in being scheduled for the evening shift that day.

But there was no way I was missing this particular set of concerts.
Because it was the VP 25th Anniversary concert.
And they were having a ton of alumni from the past Vocal Point groups coming in to perform!!!
Which meant, if they were coming, that I would get to see past favorites from other groups!!
So. Exciting.
and nothing I wanted to miss at all.

It didn't disappoint!
Such an amazing concert.
So many voices!
So many faces of people I recognized!

Including the face of the alumni who introduced me to Vocal Point.
Ariel Johnson.
He was a counselor in my first ward in college. :) And at that time, also part of the Vocal Point group.
Which during one FHE (I think) they came and performed for us.
and oh.
It was amazing!
Totally hooked me then and there.
And the main reason why I go to the concerts whenever I can. :)

So it was exciting to see him there, performing once again.

Yes.
Definitely an awesome concert!!
lol I just wished we had the opportunity to see more of the older groups.
They did three group numbers together.
And then it was just the current group performing the rest of the time.

I thought it would have been fun to have songs performed from every group.
Like, when a song from the Sing Off was performed, members of the Sing Off group would come out on stage and perform with the current group.

And the beat boxing? Have all the beat boxers get together and do a thing together.

Mostly, it felt like a normal Vocal Point concert, instead of the celebratory 25th concert I thought it would be.
still awesome,
Just wanted more of the old group together.

((Which apparently, they took note off, as on Saturday's performances, they did end up incorporating a bit more mixing between groups. Apparently there were even "sing offs" between different groups between the shows. (Which I wish I could have seen! Gah! Stupid work.) ))

But yah.
I know it would probably have taken like 4 hours to get what I was expecting from the show. lol.
Plus, the logistics of having everyone there, and everyone performing, and having time to choreograph things....I can see why they didn't do more.
Doesn't stop me from wanting more.
And I will get more as they have a music video coming out sometime soon that showcases a lot of the alumni. ^^ Can't wait for that!!

Can't wait for the next Vocal Point concert! :)

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment