Tuesday, March 15, 2016

ReUnited and It Feels So Good!

It was a long five days.
Without my ring.

The one that my Daddoo gave me.
The one that I've worn almost everyday for years.

The one that broke,
Because after three years of being worn constantly and getting placed into fish tanks almost every day.
The water/hot/cold/wear/tear ended up embrittling the silver.
So it snapped.

Into two pieces.
:( Nooooo!!!
Making it unwearable!
NOOOOOO!!!!!!

But all was not lost. I was able to take it to the Jewelry Doctor.
And he could fix it!
......Only he wouldn't be able to get to it until yesterday. :(
Boo.

I was hoping like last time, when I brought in my favorite necklace, he'd be able to fix it then and there.
Not the case with my ring. 
So I had to wait.
And wait.
And wait.
And wait.

But finally!
Reunited!!
My ring and I.
It's so good to have it back where it belongs. ^^

I admit...
There is one aspect I miss to it.
Before it was fixed,
There was this little notch in the band of the ring.
That I used to make sure I put the ring on in the right direction.
-Because I'm weird like that, and rings have specific sides that they're worn in.

It was something unique about an already unique ring.
But also my ring's downfall.
As the notch made the band weaker.
And after like a year or so of working with animals.
That area with the notch snapped.
Leaving a small fissure.
Which would move incrementally. Almost unnoticeably.
But that slightest movement.
Put strain on the other side of the band.
And the repeated slight movements
strained it too much.
And a one time snag on some clothing.
Jerked it upwards.
I thought it would just bend back into place.
It did...
But it was sooo....brittle.
That it broke cleanly into two pieces just like two days later. :(

All because the unique little notch in the ring....made it weaker.
:(

So that notch is now gone.
The ring.
Stronger than ever. :D
With a solid even band all the way around. :)
Luckily there are other little details to my ring that still enable me to be able to wear it the 'right way'
;)
Otherwise I think I would go crazy trying to figure out which way my ring should go. :)

Mostly though.
I'm just glad that it still fits like a glove. ^^
...even without the notch. lol Which will still bug me for a while longer, not feeling that difference on my finger.
Still.
It's good to have my ring back. ^^

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment