Sunday, March 20, 2016

Must. See. Arches. Now.

It's that time of year again.
Where my obsession with red rocks reawakens.

Unfortunately for me, I don't get to visit my beloved Arches National Park for a couple more months...

But that doesn't stop me from starting my planning.
You know.
To find new arches that I haven't yet explored.
Within the park and possibly outside of the park as well. lol.

Which means scouring through the internet to find those hidden gems that past off-trailers have discovered and written about.

And in the midst of my scouring.
I came across a blog about one of the arches I've been dying to visit for like...the past three years.
Okay. More like two maybe?
But ever since I got super super obsessed with seeing new arches that I hadn't seen before.

In any case.
In this blog I discovered horrible news!!
Sometime between 2014-2015...
Part of this Arch. Known as Ring Arch.

Collapsed!! :S Ah!!!
Not all of it thankfully!
But it is not comforting at all to know that a portion of it did collapse.
Leaving the arch more frail and possibly more prone to further collapse!! :S
In the blog it states that there wasn't any sign of cracks or reason for the arch to collapse before it lost a good portion of it's span. And while there aren't any further signs of more cracks....

It's got me worried.
What if this arch collapses before we get to it?
What if it's already collapsed?!
Oh yah. Totally worried as I've been wanting to see this arch, and have been trying to see this arch the last couple of times we went down to the Park.

So now, it's our number one priority. Go find this arch and See it. Before it disappears forever!!

(The picture below shows the after picture first, of the now thinner arch. Then below that is the before picture of the arch, where it was thicker.)


-More information and pictures of Ring Arch before/after collapse can be found here:

http://www.naturalarches.org/blog/partial-collapse-of-ring-arch-in-arches-national-park/

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment