Tuesday, September 20, 2016

A New Calling

To be honest, I was hoping it would take longer for them to find me.

I mean, I understand how the wards wants everyone to have a calling. Have them be an active part of the running of the ward and such.

But to be honest.
I really would be alright with not having a calling for a while.
Is it really so bad to just be able to come to church and not worry about any responsibilities?
Relax. Have fun. Not worry about carrying out some task?

As to be truthful.
That's probably what I need the most right now.
A chance to do nothing, to just be able to come to church and listen to the spirit and enjoy being there.

*shakes head*
In any case.
As you can guess.
They found me. lol.

It only took them three weeks of me being in the ward to get a calling extended to me.

I'm going to be part of the Ward Prayer Committee.

-Which in typical YSA wards, on Sunday nights the ward gathers together to have a thought and a prayer together.
Which I don't mind much.
Though recently I feel like they've made it into a whole production. Needing to have activities and games and get to know you things as well as spotlights.

A simple thought and a prayer, some socializing afterwards with some treats. That would be my idea.
lol. Though with how social this ward is, I doubt that idea is going to fly well.

In any case, I'm grateful that I got a calling where I'm not the one in charge.
I can just be part of the group and go where I'm told to go and do what I'm told to do.

Guess we'll see how this goes. :)
Should be an interesting experience.
I've never been on a committee that's active every week in such a visible way.
So that will be different. :)

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment