Sunday, September 18, 2016

The Syncing Problem

()_() GASP!!!

IT WORKED?!?!?!

So.
A while ago, I bought an iPod.
It's probably been two years or so. It feels like forever. Maybe just a year?
I got it before I got my new laptop in any case.

And with my new laptop, I had a bunch of new songs I had downloaded/uploaded.
One of those places was a homeshare with my Dad's library, has he's uploaded all the songs from the CDs we had at home.
I chose to download most of the songs there. But I didn't know what most of the songs were.
Which meant I would probably end up deleting some songs as I listened to them because I didn't like them.

In any case.
There were a gazillion songs I had. I never got a true number of how many songs I had on my laptop in the beginning.
I just knew it was more songs than my iPod could hold.
As I chose to buy an iPod with only 16gbs
That way I would only put songs on there I wanted to listen to.
Kinda silly now, but that's what I did.

So I didn't have enough room to download all the songs to my iPod.

Instead, I chose to just deal with the old songs from my old laptop that were on my iPod until I could listen to the songs on my new laptop, decide which ones I wanted to keep, organize them into playlists, so then I could choose which ones to place on my iPod.

*shakes head*
It took me like 8 months to listen to all those songs lol.
But I completed it!!!

Only....
When I went to sync up my iPod with my laptop.
My iTunes on my Laptop wasn't recognizing that my iPod was an iPod.
O.o
No device was showing up. Y_Y
My computer knew it was a device. As it kept asking me if I wanted to upload pictures or not.
But nothing about music.

Y_Y
For some reason, my iPod didn't like my computer or my computer didn't like my iPod.
I mean, thanks to the cloud I could get some songs from my iTunes. But only ones I had bought. Not ones I'd uploaded. Y_Y

However.

Today.
I went to grab my iPod to take it to church with me.
Since I use that as my scriptures more often than not now.
But...it was off.
O.o
I had thought it had enough battery last night as I'd used it.
Perhaps it had died during the night.

So I plugged it in and left.

And hours later, in the evening.
I remembered my iPod.
I went to check it.
....O.o and it was still off.
Just doing a black screen.
O.o
Maybe I hadn't had the charger plugged in properly.
So I plugged it in elsewhere.
For no sign.

I pressed buttons, checked other chargers and checked to make sure my cord was working.....
To no avail.
Blackness.

HAD MY IPOD DIED?!?!?
()_() Noooo!!!!!

My sister suggested that I google it, just to see if the online community had another idea to try.
Which they were like "Press both the power and the home button at the same time in order to turn it on."
Oh.
Right.

But why was it turned off in the first place?!

So I did that. Pressed the buttons, and my iPod turned back on!! Yay!!
It wasn't dead!!!

At that point, I had had it plugged into my laptop to charge it that way as I multitasked.
And randomly my iTunes popped up. O.o Huh?
I hadn't clicked on you.

And that's when I saw it.
The little picture in the top left corner.
The symbol of a device connecting.

()_()
Could it be?
Was it true?!
Was my iPod actually connecting with my laptop iTunes?!

It was.
It was!!
Finally.
Finally I could connect!
Finally I could put songs on my Ipod I wasn't able to before.

You have no idea how happy this has made me. ^^

Yay!!!
My iPod syncs again!!
Apparently it just needed a hard reset to remember it's supposed to be a music device and not just a picture device. lol

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment