Tuesday, September 27, 2016

To Recover

It was one of those days I didn't know I needed.

So, a few days ago.
One of my coworkers messaged me.
Asking if I would be able to take one of their shifts.
Why?
My coworker had taken a backpacking class.
And this weekend they were going out back packing.

It's one of those classes where you can't miss the actual weekend backpacking adventure as it often means that you fail the course.

For whatever reason, the request to get the weekend off didn't go through or was misunderstood.
So they had to find people to cover their weekend shifts so that they would be able to go.

It's not often that I'm asked to cover shifts.
Rarer still that I'm actually able to cover said shifts.

This time though.
It looked like I would be able to.
Except....
Their shift was about half the length of the shift that I would be switching with them.
Which....I wouldn't mind working a short shift.
Only I actually have to work a certain amount of hours a week.
And switching with them would mean I would be under that amount. :S Not good.

So I said I could....but only if I would be able to work a longer shift on that day.
Which meant that we had to check in with a manager before we could make the switch.

I know the amount of hours we've been given I a week for the store have been stricter. And the managers have been concerned about going over hours.
So I actually didn't think they would approve of the switch since I would need to work a longer shift.

So I suggested that my coworker try and see if any of the other coworkers could cover that shift as well.

However, when I came in Monday, the manager gave the okay that I could switch my shift today with my coworker's shift later in the week.

Which meant.

I had today off.

I'd done it to be nice really. I didn't mind switching days off this week since I didn't really have plans.

But who knew that I would actually need it.

As Monday, due to what I can only guess was stressful customers at work.
The headache I'd had off and on throughout the weekend came back. With a vengeance.
It took into the early hours of this morning for the headache to finally go away.

And after headaches finally go away.
I'm always left a bit....drained.

Today I felt more drained than normal.

So it was a relief to not have to wake up early.
To not have to go to work.
To not have to work.
To not have to socialize.

Instead.
I took a ME day.
And spent it in bed watching my current show obsession Detective Conan. ;) lol.

It was just what I needed.
To relax.
And recover.

I'm really grateful that I was able to switch shifts with my coworker. Because I don't know how I would have managed working today if I hadn't.

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment