Saturday, September 3, 2016

The Obsession Cycle

Do you ever have interests come in cycles to you?
Like you're obsessed with something for days or weeks or months at a time,
But then other things catch your interest and you get obsessed with them.
Until you've kinda forgotten that first interest.

But then something just sparks. A word, a phrase, an image.
And you reremember that first interest. That obsession.
And you go back into the obsession phase with it again?

That's what I do.

I do things in cycles.
Like I'm obsessed for a time, get unobsessed and then get obsessed again.

You've seen it happen with my Red Rock craze lol.
Where for most of the year, I'm fine. Just idly thinking about red rocks every now and then.
but then something sparks off and I'm suddenly obsessed with finding new arches and finding new routes to go to the arches etc.

Sometimes it's just a day, other times it's months at a time.

In any case.

I've rediscovered something that I was kinda obsessed with like...four years ago now?
It was in my last year at my first apartment complex.
Where one of my roommates introduced me to her favorite Anime Series.

It's one of those shows where at first I was like. O.o Why are we watching these? Why do you like this?
But after giving it a few episodes of chance to see if it got better.
I got curious.

And I ended up watching like 200 episodes of that series. lol.
Before life happened, I lost interest, who really remembers at this point.

It was the case where every now and then. Like once in a blue moon, after that point.
I would have a thought or two happen,
but I never really did anything to instigate the obsession.

Until like a month or so ago.
When on Netflix,
As I was idly looking through the lists of shows to watch.

I encountered the show.
()_()
Curious. To see what episodes there were on Netflix.
I started watching them.

Considering that there was like 52 episodes in this collection.
I wasn't at all surprised that when I finished the Netflix ones....
That I wanted more.

So I looked into other methods to get the anime.
Amazon, YouTube, and finally found a site via one of my coworkers, that has all the episodes and movies that I could want!! lol.

So. Confession time.
A lot of my recent 'Post Forthcoming' posts is because I've been obsessed with watching this show, and have stayed up late to watch them. lol.

lol.
I've probably strung you along long enough.
What show is it?
It's called Detective Conan. Or. In the English version. Case Closed.

And the general premise of the series is this:
There is a High School Detective -who's a lot like Sherlock Holmes- who loves to solve cases. But when he was investigating one case, he got hit from behind and was given a prototype drug that instead of killing him it shrunk his body to that of an elementary kid though his mind is still that of a High School student.
The overrunning arc of the show is that he's trying to find organization that drugged him and bring them down, as well as try and get his body back to normal. In the meantime, he continues to solve cases that he comes across.

It's a butchered explanation.
But basically it's a mystery show.
Where people commit crimes or murders.
and Conan (the main protagonist in the show) solves them.

I halfway think the reason I got out of watching the show was that it was a lot of murder mysteries.
And at one point I just reached a point where I got tired of watching Murder shows.
Like CSI, The Mentalist, Castle, etc.

But now. I'm reobsessed.
However, it's not for the mysteries or the murders.

What's caught my interest this time around in this show.
Is the relationships. The dynamics between different groups of people.
I really enjoy seeing the characters interact with each other and come to another person's need when they're in danger.

It's fun.
It's sparked my creativity like crazy.
And it has a lighter hearted air, that as I'm watching these relationships, just in turn makes myself really happy. ^^ lol.

So, for the next little while.
I'm going to be obsessed.
Since there's like 900 episodes of the show. (It's been running for 20 years) and no sign of them ending the series anytime soon.

So now you know.
More than likely in the next little bit.
If I have a post forthcoming post.
It's most likely because I'm watching some Detective Conan. ;) lol

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment