Wednesday, September 7, 2016

A Thanks

On occasion at work, I end up finishing my tasks early.
It doesn't always happen, granted it feels like it hasn't happened in a while.
But when I do finish tasks. I usually tend to go look for something else to do.
To help me feel productive instead of just standing around waiting for customers to walk in the door.

One of these things is to usually lend a hand to the stockers.
As there are often boxes.
Most of them in my department.
That haven't yet been emptied from our trucks.

*sighs* I do wish on occasion that they would do my department first when they're restocking the shelves from the trucks.
But on the occasions where I'm looking for more to do, I don't mind filling up the shelves in my dept myself.

Yesterday was one of those days.
Where I had a spare couple hours to help out.
So I went to the manager on duty -our new guy Roti who replaced Sirch- and asked him if there was any boxes in my dept to put away.

He was surprised that I was offering.
But he had asked me and my coworker earlier that morning if we'd be able to help stock.
Unfortunately we didn't get done with our tasks until after my coworker had left.
So it was just me in the dept.
But the store was rather slow. Hardly any customers at all.
So I went looking for him to ask him if I could.

lol I think any help is always welcomed.
But it was weird that he seemed rather surprised that I was offering. *shakes head*
In any case he told me to downstock the pallet that was stacked like six boxes high. And pull out any boxes that were for my dept (as they're labeled)
However, due to the possibility of there being customers.
He didn't want me to take too many boxes at a time.
So my first load was only four boxes.

I finished them in between helping customers and went back to find more.
To which he was like. O.o WOW! You finished those fast!!

O.o lol. I'd honestly thought I'd been moving rather slowly.
But apparently I'd moved faster than he expected.
*shakes head*
It's not like I don't know how to do stocking. lol. I've been working at Starsmet for 4 years now.
I've done stocking hundreds of times. I know where everything is, so I can figure out where to put it pretty quickly. (You know except when we rearrange things, then it takes slightly longer.)

In any case. I went back after I was done with the first set and grabbed all the rest. Which was like 7 more boxes to work on them.
Unfortunately I didn't finish that set.

But this morning.
When I came in for work.

Roti commented that I'd come right on time once more.
O.o
Yes?
I make it a habit to be on time.
I even show up a little bit early.
I don't like being late. Plus, If I'm scheduled to work at a certain time....shouldn't I be there when I'm scheduled?
*shakes head*
I guess he's used to people being late?
Or he's just admiring that I'm on time. *shrugs*

In any case, after that comment. He continued on to express his gratitude that I had volunteered to help him out yesterday with stocking. And he was glad I had done that.

:) lol the compliments made me really happy. :)
I'm glad that he was grateful enough for my help to say something.
As it only makes me want to help out more.

I like helping out others.
Moreso if I get complimented and thanks for doing so. lol

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment