Friday, August 4, 2017

A Needed Addition

It wasn't something that I thought I would need when I started this blog.
*shrugs* 
Dunno why. 
Seems kinda silly now that I think about it.

I mean, after nearly 2,500 posts....
You'd think I'd want to make it easier for my readers to navigate my blog.

You know...by like creating handy dandy labels/tags to place on my posts.
So that if people want to...I dunno....go back and visit a particular post....they'd have an easier time finding it than scrolling through many many many pages of blog posts. *shakes head* 

Lol. 
In all honesty, I've been thinking about doing this for ages.
Tagging my posts here on this blog under specific categories.

I mean, I've done it for my other blogs.
Why not the first original blog I started?

Well....it's the numbers really.
I mean this blog has been up for nearly 7 years.
And 7 years of posts...add up rather quickly.

So it was quite daunting to think about going back to each and everyone of those posts.
And separating them out into categories.
Because would it really be that easy to separate them?
Would I end up with a million tags?
-Probably, but I'm trying not to end up with a million tags. 

Some have said to "just start now, don't worry about tagging the older posts. Just start tagging today and go from there." 
It just feels half done if I do that though. Why start tagging now, and not do the last 7 years? It's an incomplete sort of feeling. 

So for a while, it's just been a thought. A want. A vague desire.

However, 
Last night, I decided to take the leap.
This blog needs a bit of organizing. 
So therefore, for the next little while I'm going to be visiting all my older posts, reading them, and then tagging them into the section(s) I think they fit in. 

Who knows how long it's going to take me lol. 
2,443 posts are quite an undertaking to take on. :) 
But hopefully I'll be able to catch up to the current post sooner rather than later. :) 

In any case!
I'm labeling guys!
Tagging my posts. ^^ 

I'll probably create a separate page that gives a brief description of the type of content that will be found under each tag.
But most likely not until I finish rereading everything. 
After all, I'm still creating new tags. :) 

I do have to say though.
It's an odd mixture of emotions I have, going through these old blog posts.
Amusement, Awe, Dread and other feelings. lol. 
It's so interesting to see how my blog has changed over the years, but also seen what things have stayed the same.

So for now!
Back to visiting the past! Back to tagging.

And hopefully, the new "Navigating Me" section on the side of my blog will help you dear readers to access the posts you want to see much easier. :) *fingers crossed*

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment