Wednesday, August 9, 2017

The Golden Zone

So it's not quite a secret that some fish are hardier than others.
Like some fish die the instant you look at them wrong.
While others would live through a nuclear explosion...or you know....if you forgot to feed them for a week.

In any case.
At work, I tend to be the one who ends up taking on the task of pulling the dead fish in the mornings.
The ones that decided during the night to just...die. 

Which means, that I tend to have a pretty good general idea of how the fish in the tanks at work are doing.
I know which tanks are doing great.
Which tanks have fish that are dropping like flies. 
And which tanks are currently in a 'good week' or a 'bad week.' when it comes to the fish within.

There are some fish ....like guppies where it's super rare for them to have a 'good week.' 
While other fish like the Skirt Tetras hardly ever have a 'bad week.' 

Well.
Some of the fish that I'd been debating about for a while on getting.
Were some GloFish Danios. 

As I already had the GloFish Tetras and Tiger Barbs in my tank.
-They tend to be pretty hardy those ones.
And I wanted to add in the other GloFish variety.

But.
For whatever reason.
The GloDanios tend to have more issues than the other Glofish.
They tend to cycle through 'bad weeks' more often than not. I'm always pulling dead from their tanks.
Some colors tend to be hardier than others in the Danios....
But overall...it's not really a fish I've seriously considered getting.
Because I didn't want to get fish only to have them die.

I did that already when I tried out guppies.
I wasn't really wanting to do so again with danios....even though they're really pretty.

However. 
A couple of weeks ago.
I noticed that when I was going through the morning routine of pulling dead fish....
I wasn't pulling any from the GloDanio tanks.

One day is usually a fluke.

But day after day....
I found myself passing over them.

None of the danios were dying! O.o 
Which is totally crazy lol. 

But I figured...
Hey it seems like all the colors of the GloDanios are in a 'sweet spot' right now.

So why not buy some?

I did.
I bought some.
One of each color. 

^^ And they're doing great!!! :D 
I'm so happy and surprised and excited that they're all still thriving in my tank.
Because they're a fish that typically doesn't do well.

lol.
And it's funny because like a day or two after I bought the danios...
Basically when our new shipment of fish came into the store.

The danios again began having issues.
Not all the colors....but I was once again pulling dead fish from those tanks. 

So really.
I got a sweet spot where all the danios were healthy and thriving. ^^ 

Talk about a reward for patience. ^^ 

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment