Tuesday, August 29, 2017

A Clean Sweep? No Way.

So I had a gentleman in the store today at work.
Who was thinking about switching his tank up again.
From fake plants and such to live plants.

And through one way or the other,
We got on the topic of Angelfish.
And he positively adores them.

To which I was like "I have 10!!" 
-Because with my 125 gallon tank I can totally afford to have ten.

And then I brought up that I had two pairs that had managed to breed.

And the guy went off onto a long tangent of how to take care of the babies and make sure they're surviving and what sort of tanks you can set up etc.

-Which my roomies would kill me if I set up another fish tank in the house lol.

To which I was like "Yah....I'm just going to leave them in the big tank..."

To which he was like: "So what are you going to do with all your other fish then? Sell them? Give them away?" 

O.o Huh?

Apparently he thought that since I was keeping the anglefish in my large tank....
That I intended to get rid of all my other fish to give the angelfish the optimal breeding environment...

Heh....
Uhmm...
No. 
I've worked too long and hard to get my tank the way I like it with the fish I want in it to just suddenly throw it all away when my angelfish decided to lay eggs. 

*exhales*
No...
No. 

It's completely accidental that I somehow managed to get the tank to the proper set up that my angelfish felt secure enough to attempt to be parents.

I'm not actively trying to breed my angelfish.
It just kinda happened. 
And I'm just going to let it happen.
And see how it goes. 
See who survives since I don't currently have a way to separate them out. 

I think I disappointed the customer though.
lol that I wasn't being proactive in breeding them. 

To each their own I guess....

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment