Tuesday, August 8, 2017

The Street Meetup

So a couple weeks or so ago, I got a notification on Facebook that I'd been tagged in a post.

Which isn't a common occurrence, though not exactly rare.
So I hopped online to check out what I'd been tagged in.

And it was one of my childhood neighborhood friends who'd posted.

And in that post was the thought of "We should really all us kids together for a reunion!" 

Since everyone on the street has now graduated high school and gone their separate ways.
We haven't really seen each other since we basically moved out of our parent's homes lol.

So it would kinda be like a "high school' reunion of sorts.
Except it wasn't high school lol. 
Just the neighborhood kids on our street and the streets above our street. 

After some debate.
Tonight it was decided that we'd all meet up at the local park and basically catch up and eat food. :) 

I have to say it was interesting to see everyone again.
Like there are some kids -mostly younger siblings of my neighborhood friends- who I keep picturing at their elementary age. 
So it's really weird to see them the same height as me or even taller than me lol. Going to college.
It's weird to think about.

It's interesting to see who looks the same, who's changed, who's gotten married, who's still single, who's in school, who's graduated, what everyone is up to.

It was quite the fun catch up experience.
I'm glad I was able to make it and just...'check in'
As I'm always curious about what others have been up to.
So to have the opportunity to talk to people in person and hear their stories from their lips instead of seeing the Facebook posts....
Ah.
It was great. :) 

I'm glad I was able to go. :) 

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment