Saturday, August 19, 2017

Car Trips

It's crazy how the passage of time changes as you get older.

You see, when I was a kid, and the family would journey out of state to visit my grandparents...

I always thought that that journey took an eternity.
We'd start out in the light.
Arrive in complete darkness.
It was a journey of mystery, suspense, and definitely....and eternity of just sitting in the car.

It was like we were driving for days....

But in reality the drive up to my Grandma's house was only Threeish hours. 

()_() 
Like that drive hardly feels like a drive now.
I mean....it is three hours in the car.
But it doesn't feel so long anymore. 

Probably because we make the drive when it's light now.
Instead of in the evening.

I don't even know why we would drive up in the dark.....My guess is that we usually drove up to see my grandparents in the winter. (For Thanksgiving) and since in the cold season it gets dark around 5 or 6....we probably would leave after my parents got off work. Hence why it would be dark out more often than not when we arrived. 

It definitely literally was a trip down memory lane today.
As I now only visit the area if a family reunion happens to be held up there. 
But it was fun to see all the familiar sites. Travel the familiar roads. 
And be like "Yes, this place, I know it." 

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment