Sunday, August 6, 2017

How Outgoing Am I?

There's been many good things that have come out of working a retail job.
Mostly the fact that I've had to become more out going, and speak a bit louder while dealing with customers.

But I also think that it's made me more comfortable in...I dunno public settings?

Like today, I went to go visit a girl in the ward, and it was...I dunno awkward. As I was in her house, and I felt so....out of place. I didn't know what to say, what to do, how to act. 
Like...am I supposed to take off my shoes? Sit closer? Sit further? Stay silent?
It just felt so awkward the entire time I was visiting with her. 

But the other day when I was visiting a different girl, and we chose to meet up at a snow cone place for snow cones...it was totally different.
I was more relaxed, more vocal, able to participate in the conversation more.

And I really think that I've just grown comfortable with 'public places' like the 'public services places?' Put me in a food place or a store and I'm really out going.
Stick me in someone's home or in church or an unfamiliar place...and I totally retreat into my shell.
It's just strange to think about.

How I can be so confident in speaking in one area, but be so unsure in a different one.

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment