Thursday, June 20, 2019

Crazy At Work

It was one of those moments where opening at work had been going so well....
Only to spiral out of control when I got slammed with a lunch time rush of people.
At a time when I was the only one in petcare.
And everyone needed my help.
It felt like every five minutes I was being asked for help in different areas of the department.

All basically triggered when I had a noisy family come into the store.
They first wanted to get a bird--but all the kids and everyone were sooo....*shudders*
Their energy just had that crazy energy vibe to them.
A vibe that just was nails on a chalkboard to me. 
Which made me only want to get through helping them as quickly as possible because it was difficult to make myself heard when you had children being noisy all over and the parents being distracted with said kids and phone calls and every other thing. 

I figured I'd be done with them when I finished with the birds.
But no, they needed help finding the bird food, and then one of the kids wanted a leopard gecko. 
But I had been in the middle of helping another customer when that decision was made, so it took me a bit to get back to them and before I managed to get back to them another kid was coming down the aisle with a small fish tank and maybe a betta fish? I have no idea.
As I was still dealing with another customer wanting reptiles as well and answering questions for people at fish and grabbing mealworms for yet another customer.

It felt like I couldn't walk two steps without getting stopped by a customer or called by a coworker to go help elsewhere in my department.

It was like that for basically the entire last 2 hours of my shift.

So I was a bit frazzled by the end of that shift.
And basically fled the store to get away from all the people before I would get trapped again with another person in need.

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment