Sunday, June 9, 2019

The Story Told

So this trip we did something that we haven't done in a long long long while.
Like I don't think we've done it since Jr. High or even Elementary days.

As usually we deal with silence or music of different family members playlists. 

But this trip.
Kikay put on a book on tape for us to listen to while we drove.
Mostly because the windy mountain roads we travailed make it difficult for her to do anything else do to motion sickness. 
So we listened to a book that she'd started and figured we'd all like to listen to.

It was actually pretty fun --though at times I do wish that I could have focused on other things.
But we couldn't connect her phone to the car to play the book through the speakers, so she had to use the speakers on her phone at full volume so everyone could hear.

Therefore, it was rather too loud to be able to concentrate on anything else.

I have to say.
It was a different way to roadtrip for sure. lol. 
And the story was good, one that I had read back in Jr. High or High School. 
So long enough that I knew the story, but didn't have a firm grip on the plot or anything.

The side effect though.
Is listening to that voice all day....has left it echoing in my head long after we managed to finish the story. *shakes head* oops lol.

Still it was something different. :D

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment