Sunday, June 2, 2019

Rail Road Tracks

It's been a while since I've heard the trains.
I mean, if the valley is quiet and I'm in my room and it's all soft and such, I can hear the trains on occasion. Mostly the sound of the passing by.

But like the sounding of the horn?
Not so much.

Yet I've been treated to the sound multiple times in the past couple of days.
As the place we're staying at is basically a hop, skip, and a jump away from the train trax.

Not so close as to rattle the walls as the train goes by.
But close enough that I can hear the horn.

It's been nice.

I feel like I heard it much more often when I was younger.
But then again, my home town wasn't as built up, the freeway not as noisy or crowded.
So it makes sense to not hear them as much now that the area is more populated. 

Still.
Kinda nice.
Kinda nostalgic. 

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment