Sunday, June 30, 2019

Reunited

A while ago.
Like maybe in High School?
So it's been like ten years or so.
My Daddoo gave me a ring of his that my great grandmother had given to him when he was younger...like preteen I think?? Not sure.
In any case. It was a simple silver ring with some thunderbird type designs on either side of a turquoise stone.
And during college...and maybe in highschool for a bit.
I started wearing that ring constantly. 

Like if I were to wear a ring it would be that one.
And by the time I graduated college and started my job.
I wore the thing all the time.
Rarely would I switch it out for any other rings.

And for most of the day I wouldn't take it off. 

It had become kinda like one of my 'comfort' items if you will. Part of the 'armor' or my 'uniform' for the day.
Where it would get to the point where I would feel well 'naked' if I didn't have that ring on when I was in public.

And then the fire happened.
A year ago. On the 2nd of June.
We had a fire start on the hill behind our home and without my quick actions to call 911, may have ended up with a severely damaged house. 

In the end we ended up just loosing our fence and having a couple of  burn spots on our back porch.

But for a week or two or longer afterwards.
Our house totally smelt like smoke. 
I mean the fire had gotten within six feet of the house.
And the doors/windows/ac had been left on/open in our haste to evacuate the house.
So the place stunk of smoke pretty badly. 

And it was somewhere in this timeframe.
Of us cleaning up the house and having people come help us and such....

That I misplaced this ring.

I remembered taking it off....
And then...
When I wanted to put it back on.
I couldn't find it. 

I'd searched everywhere I could think of that I could have had it.
Upstairs, Downstairs, My room, the Bathroom.
Like I looked in all the likely locations of where I could have set my ring down.

Nothing.
It was gone.

I couldn't find it anywhere.
And had to resign myself to finding a replacement ring to wear in the meantime.

And over the past year I did find a couple that I didn't mind wearing.

But every now and then....I still found myself reflecting on where the ring could have possibly gone.

Cut to today.
Just over a year later.

And I'm suffering from a bit of a headache because the topic in church had been about finances/insurance and other worrisome stuff that didn't bring the spirit in at all and left me and a lot of other people feeling rather stressed out.
Like. I wanted to relax.
Not worry about money. 

The headache was getting bad enough that I decided I needed to take a shower.
But as I was about to do so, I remembered that my usual massage stone I keep in there to help work out the tense muscles in my neck...had been left in my bedroom. 

So I went in there to find it.
Couldn't find it.
Decided that I would look under the bed to see if it had rolled under there.

And as I'm lifting up the sheets between the end table and the head of my bed.
I notice something silver gleaming by the wheel of the frame the bed is on.

IT WAS MY RING!!

The ring that's been missing for a year!
I FOUND IT!!!

You don't know how excited I was to reunite with that ring!! :D :D :D

lol though I am still left a bit confused.
Like...how can I go a full year without seeing it there?
Because I'm nearly positive that I looked around there at some point just to check and make sure it hadn't fallen off the side table in the middle of the night.
And didn't see it. 

It could have been that the lighting was different, the angle I was looking at it was different.....

Or maybe some guardian angel decided I needed a bit of a 'pick me up' and planted the ring there where I would be able to find it and have it make my day.

Lol Day definitely made!

Reminds me of how my Mom lost her first wedding ring at some point, and years later after getting a second ring, discovered it in the back corner of the coat closet when they were cleaning it out.

Life works in mysterious ways.

But I am grateful that I've finally found my ring. 
Because ah!
I've missed it. 

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment