Tuesday, June 11, 2019

Water Change

I did a water change on my 125 gallon tank today.
Which is probably something that needed to be done.
Though with such a large tank it tends to be self sustaining so I don't need to change the water out as often as smaller tanks.
Though I guess I do technical water changes every other week or so by filling the tank back up when the water evaporates and gets too noisy for me. 

In any case.
I did about a 50% water change today.

Mostly because I've been on vacation for the past couple of weeks....
And lost like three of my larger fish.
And possibly a few smaller ones as well. Not positive.

But it's the larger fish that had me concerned. 2 good sized black moors and one medium sized anglefish that all appeared healthy when I left...and now have completely vanished from the tank?

Like they're gone gone.
No sign whatsoever of them and my roomie didn't notice. 

So to kinda 'clear the air' but in this case water.
I decided to do a water change just to get some fresher water into the tank.

Since I haven't done a deep one since....last fall? Before the winter hit? It's been a long while. 

Hopefully it helps the tank.

And with the loss of three of my larger fish...
I'm thinking I'm going to try and get more smaller ones into my tank....

Guess it's time to switch things up. :D

Think I'll stick with fish for now.
But I am thinking redecorating my tank is another possibility though I'm holding off for now. 

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment