Wednesday, January 29, 2020

Another "Leak"

One of these days when my coworkers tell me that one of our tanks in our fish wall is leaking....it will actually be a legit tank leak.
Which would be it's own hassle and headache to try and figure out that particular mess.

However. 

Today wasn't one of those days.

Instead my coworker came over the radio to tell me the tank was leaking, and when I arrived, they showed me where they had placed one of our fish catcher containers to catch the water dripping from the bottom of a tank.

-Honestly I was surprised it wasn't a different tank leaking as I had been messing around with one of our live plant tanks earlier and the last time I messed around with a live plant tank some of the debris from the plants ended up getting tangled in the basket which prevented water flow from flowing out of the tank and instead had it flow over the top of the tank when the tank got too full.

No.
Upon looking, not at the bottom of the tank, but the tanks above the leak.

I noticed one of locklines -the device the sends water into the tank- had been pushed so it was pointed upwards. And that upwards flow was enough to catch on the edge of the tank, where the water would pool and then flow back to the side and down the slight crack between each tank therefore making it look like the tank was leaking from the bottom when it was actually leaking from the top.

It was an easy enough fix.
I simply pushed the lockline back down so that it was pointed into the water instead of out of the water and walla! The leak was gone. lol.

My coworker thinks that they accidentally pushed the lockline up when they were trying to catch fish from that same tank earlier. 
Which makes sense.
It happens.

Still funny that this is like the third occurrence recently where one of our tanks has been 'leaking' and it turns out all my coworkers needed to do was look in the tank to fix the problem.

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment