Friday, January 31, 2020

Is That New?

There's no real reason why I waited until today to take down the little Christmas tree I had set up in the living room on the little side table we had. 
I mean...I had plenty of time and opportunity to do it once Christmas was over.
It was just...for a week or two after I just liked to enjoy the sparkling lights on the tree.
As it's one of those fiber-optic trees where the lights change colors and it's just....nice and relaxing to sit and watch it change colors.

In any case.
Today I actually decided to take down the little tree.

Mostly because one of my roomies was bringing a date over...and I figured it would be semi-awkward to explain just why we still had a Christmas Tree up when February is tomorrow. 

And it's funny because like....taking down this little tree literally took like....maybe 5 minutes? It was super quick and easy to just take down all the ornaments, smooth the tree back up so it would fit in it's box and take it downstairs to lurk in the storage room until next Christmas.

Honestly. I don't know why I waited so long to do it if it was going to be so easy.

In any case.

In this same little area where we had this little christmas tree....

There's also been this floor lamp. One of those two lamp ones with the bigger tall lamp and then a littler reading lamp.

We've had this lamp in the same spot for like....three years now?
It's basically been in that spot since we moved into the house.

But for one reason or another....we never turn on that lamp. 

For me...it was because I thought it legitimately didn't work. That there weren't bulbs in the top light and that the bottom one didn't work.

Heh.
I was proved wrong earlier when one of my roomies went ahead and turned on both lights.

^^;; you learn something every day I suppose lol.

What's funny though.
Is that two of my roomies.
The newer ones who weren't here when we first moved into the house....

Have apparently never noticed this lamp before?

Because for the first roomie I gestured to spot now empty of the Christmas Tree and was like "Look! I finally took it down!"

And my roomie was like "That's cool!....When did we get a new lamp?" 

We...didn't?
Lol we had to explain that it's the same lamp that's always been there.
And this is when we learned that the lamp indeed still works.

So for funsies, since I enjoyed the yellow glow it put off (as I don't always like the white light other lights in the house have) we kept it on so I could enjoy working by that lamp light.

But then.
A few hours later.
When one of my other roomies came home, they walked in and were like "It's so bright in here! Did we get a new lamp?"
Before I could say more than "No" the roomie was like "Oh...we just never turn that one on do we?" 

Mhmmm.
Though I may make it more of a habit as I do like the light it's giving off. ^^;; 

Still.
It's funny that the day I took down the christmas tree is the day that the roomies finally noticed a lamp that's been in the room since practically day one. lol. *shakes head*

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment