Monday, January 6, 2020

Zapped?

So I may have accidentally zapped myself today at work....

A customer had bought a bark collar from us like...two hours earlier. For their puppy who apparently has a barking problem. 

But they weren't sure it was actually working on their puppy dog.
So they brought her back into the store to have us check it out and make sure it was working.

Which honestly...it was one of our newer brand bark collars....so I'm not as familiar with it.

And it was difficult to check because the puppy was rather wiggly and refused to sit still.

But there was a red light flashing on the device and it was warm to the touch.

So I figured that meant it had to be working.
And like the puppy didn't bark at all while I was there attempting to help. 

However my main concern wasn't if the bark collar was working or not.

But the fact that the owner had the collar on very tight.

Which may have explained the dogs kinda labored breathing.
Because it was a struggle to get two fingers to slide underneath the collar between collar and skin of the puppy. 

The owner was like "Oh well the puppy always has trouble breathing." 

*exhales* 
Maybe because you put your collars on too tight?

In any case.

While i was struggling to get loosen the collar on a rather wiggly puppy, my fingers on my left hand kept touching the staticy part of the bark collar.

And I did get the collar looser on the dog.

And I didn't notice anything as I was handling the bark collar beyond it being warm to the touch.

But afterwards my fingers and left arm have been....rather achy?? Not quite tingly. But achy.

So I can only assume that I got zapped a few times while I was struggling with the collar. 

Hopefully the ache will relax as the day progresses.
But note to self. Be careful when touching bark collars. 

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment