Thursday, January 30, 2020

Your Plans?

I know that January is like...a time of year to set new goals for what you want to accomplish and everything for the year.

But it really seems like this past week everyone and their mom has been asking me "what my plans are." 

Which...I guess is like...their way of checking in to see how my goals for the new year are going? Since January ends tomorrow, I could see them wanting to check in and see how other people are doing in their goals. 
And then compare your progress with their own progress in their own goals?

I just...wish they wouldn't do that?

Especially with such a vague question. "What are your plans?"

Like...what are my plans for dinner?
My plans for my work shift?
My plans for the week?
My plans for the month?
The year?
Ten years from now?

You gotta be more specific.

But I just....have taken a dislike to this question.

Because I guess....it just kinda feels like asking me the question of "When are you going to do something more 'worthy' of spending your life doing?" 

Because the question usually evolves to the asking of:
How long do you plan to work at the Pet Store?
Are you staying at the pet store long?
Do you plan to quit any time soon?
Are you going to go back to school? (so I can get a job that isn't at the pet store) 
Do you plan to work elsewhere?

Like....
Can you not be happy for me in that I'm happy where I'm at?

Yes.
I'm aware that working at a pet store is considered to be like a retail job.
And in most people's view points it's only a 'temporary job' until you get your 'real job.' 

And I get that most of my coworkers have this view point with the pet store.
That they want to get out of this place as quickly as possible and move on to a bigger and better position that would give them more money.

Because that's what it comes down to really.
Money.
Everyone wants more money.

And like...yah I'm not actively planning to stay my entire life here at the pet store.
But currently it's paying the bills.
It's a job that I actually like to go to and love being at.

So if I'm earning enough to live and love where I'm working....why would I leave it?

*exhales*

It's just....
Hard.
Hard to have to keep answering this question over and over and over and over again.

Like. 
Can we not just...be happy for people where they are currently?

So yah...
That was my morning.
Being quizzed on what I want to do in the future by my coworker. XP 
Honestly.
I haven't thought about it.
I like where I'm at.

Eventually I'd love to travel more.
Eventually I'd love make a career out of writing.
Eventually I'd love to get married to a wonderful guy and have a couple of kids to raise.

But so far those are just vague future plans.

*exhales*

Unfortunately.
Living in a college town.
This sort of question comes up often.
Because this is an area where everyone is trying to figure out their lives and what they want to do for their careers and degrees they want to get etc.

Still doesn't mean that it doesn't bug me on occasion. 

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment