Tuesday, January 28, 2020

Being Far Too Social

I was rather sore today.
Like the muscles in my arms, shoulders, and neck were all sore and achy to the point where they were threatening to give me a headache.

Which the soreness halfway makes sense because I spent the weekend helping Daddoo out in moving and carrying things.
So a bit of soreness is to be expected.

But I also think I was just....subconsciously stressing?

Because there was a lot expected of me today, and I wasn't feeling the energy to have to be social after being social like all weekend long.

Truthfully I would have happily gone straight home from work and curled up in bed and just gone to sleep if I could.

But I couldn't because I had a full eight hour shift to work today.
And then right after work I needed to drive up north to the Dentist to get my permanent crown put on ---which is probably the main stressor of the tension I was feeling as I was probably worrying about how that would go in the back of my mind because dentist visits are stressful.
Then I was to have dinner with my Daddoo and Grandma which would mean more socialization.
And then I would be meeting up with a neighbor who would be taking one of Daddoo's fish tanks and I was planning to show them how to set it up and care for it and such.

So all in all I was expecting to have to be interacting or talking to people until like 8 or 9 pm tonight before I could make the long drive back home where I could finally plop into bed.

Surprisingly....
Things didn't take as long as I expected them to.

I was in and out of the dentist in like 15 minutes when I expected it to take at least half an hour to an hour.
Dinner with my Daddoo and Grandma happened right after I was done with the dentist and instead of having dinner at grandma's house like I'd been expecting, we went to Carls Jr to grab a meal there. Which meant our visit was really only like 45 minutes??
And because we needed to meet up with the neighbor to get the fish tank we didn't stay the hour or two I was expecting to stay at Grandma's house visiting.
Instead we went straight home where the neighbors were able to come right down and grab the tank.
Which I'd been gearing myself up to go over to their house with them after they got the tank in their car so I could show them how to set it up and make sure all the parts worked correctly and that they didn't need anything more....
To discover that they wouldn't be setting up the tank until a sibling of theirs moved out of the house.
Which meant I wouldn't need to go up and be the teacher for an hour or two.

Which meant that my "head home at 9pm plan" was suddenly drastically shortened.
As all the things I had to do....I ended up getting done with at 630.
Which allowed me a bit of time to just relax and chat with daddoo before I came back home.

And it was great.

Because like the main stressor had to have been the dentist, because the ache in my shoulders had practically vanished by the time I walked out of the building to head to Grandma's house. 

But overall...the tension has vanished.
And the stress is decreased.
So yah, I'm actually feeling semi relaxed currently. ^^;; 

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment